(Has been found) Trailer Stolen! $10000 reward!

I don't like thieves or mysteries.
As a driver who has hauled a lot of high value loads I wouldn't leave the shipper unless my truck and trailer passed a solid pre-trip inspection. And I definitely wouldn't leave an irreplaceable load unattended on the side of the road. I don't care how hot or cold or hungry I was or might get.
Hope that shows up parked at a rest area or behind a Wal-Mart somewhere.

Unless they had tires/wheels that fit . That is the only way I see it done efficiently. I doubt they had a tractor trailer flatbed available to hoist it up on on the side of the road (?) ….. idk.
One thing I would bet on….it wasn’t the first time they stole something like this. (Disabled trailer on side of highway loaded with expensive and specialty goods )
They had to know how to go about it quickly. Just my .02
Definitely fishy

I had a rented chipper blow a tire on I-20.Went to my shop, got a trailer and came back for it 45min later...gone. Dialed 911 to report it stolen and dispatcher told me 20 minutes is the average time for theft on the side of the interstate if unattended.

Definitely fishy
The more I look at this and think about it …… the more it sounds like a “set up” type situation to me.
I wouldn’t be surprised if the driver isn’t in on this.
Just my opinion of course. But I wouldn’t put it past him. It just seems way too easy.

The more I look at this and think about it …… the more it sounds like a “set up” type situation to me.
I wouldn’t be surprised if the driver isn’t in on this.
Just my opinion of course. But I wouldn’t put it past him. It just seems way too easy.
I'd also like to know if they were a company driver or contract driver. A contract driver might not have felt as obligated to keep the load secure or stay with it.

Unless they had tires/wheels that fit . That is the only way I see it done efficiently. I doubt they had a tractor trailer flatbed available to hoist it up on on the side of the road (?) ….. idk.
One thing I would bet on….it wasn’t the first time they stole something like this. (Disabled trailer on side of highway loaded with expensive and specialty goods )
They had to know how to go about it quickly. Just my .02
We think it was some professional theft ring. They'd had to have had two tires, a way to jack up that much weight, and a diesel truck to pull it.

We think it was some professional theft ring. They'd had to have had two tires, a way to jack up that much weight, and a diesel truck to pull it.
Hope it was insured properly

I know a guy that had an over height load and whacked a bridge because he didn’t follow the oversize load routing on his permit

And did serious damage to a $400 MILLION dollar radar trailer .

Back
Top Bottom