• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Have y’all been to Five Guys Inflation and Fries

They're expensive as crap no doubt. I've been a handful of times but not in a long time. People really don't know the deal behind the company though. I had to watch a documentary on Five Guys when I was getting my business degree. The founder was like a vacuum cleaner salesman or something. He hated his job but he really just loved eating a good burger with fresh fries. So that's what he did, and still only sales burgers, fries and hot dogs. Doesn't get all caught up in "expanding" menus to capture a larger market. He brought his four sons in with him which is why it's called Five Guys. Privately owned family business, they sell franchises of course.

Anyway, his mission statement was to "make the best burgers and fries using the freshest and highest quality ingredients as possible, REGARDLESS OF COST". I'm not paying $20 for a single burger and fry but I respect the guy to being true to his word and not selling out with a bunch of imported, frozen, lab created, preservative laden crap just to cut cost. Apparently there is quite a market for it as they've experienced double digit growth for a long time!

08729805-08D6-49A7-A8ED-206B4AEA41FC.jpeg

I like me some 5 guys. It's a once in a blue moon thing for me. Their burgers and shakes are good but expensive. Never left disappointed, but their price is reasonable why it's an occasional treat for me. I regularly go to Krystal though on my days off work or Bojangles. Their food is awesome and not too crazy expensive. I love me some chiks from Krystal or some of those junkyard fries.

I like me some 5 guys. It's a once in a blue moon thing for me. Their burgers and shakes are good but expensive. Never left disappointed, but their price is reasonable why it's an occasional treat for me. I regularly go to Krystal though on my days off work or Bojangles. Their food is awesome and not too crazy expensive. I love me some chiks from Krystal or some of those junkyard fries.
5 Guys has shakes?
I guess you get the shakes after you empty your wallet.

Anyway, his mission statement was to "make the best burgers and fries using the freshest and highest quality ingredients as possible, REGARDLESS OF COST". I'm not paying $20 for a single burger and fry but I respect the guy to being true to his word and not selling out with a bunch of imported, frozen, lab created, preservative laden crap just to cut cost. Apparently there is quite a market for it as they've experienced double digit growth for a long time!

Fell short on the quality Imo, but I can't argue with his success.

Fell short on the quality Imo, but I can't argue with his success.
Yeah I don't think they're the best burgers around but I think the food generally pretty fresh and of high quality. I know the fries are. Five Guys uses one single supplier for all of it's potatoes. Some farm in Idaho. Anyway, I never thought I'd have this much useless info about Five Guys, but here we are. LOL

Yeah I don't think they're the best burgers around but I think the food generally pretty fresh and of high quality. I know the fries are. Five Guys uses one single supplier for all of it's potatoes. Some farm in Idaho. Anyway, I never thought I'd have this much useless info about Five Guys, but here we are. LOL
It’s kind of weird what our brains file away and allow us to retrieve….and it’s always useless trivia knowledge.

Supposedly most Americans are eating out less due to higher prices. Also, when people got out, some people are choosing cheaper options. I’d imagine going out to eat frequently is a habit that will be difficult for some people to break, but credit card balances might curb that eventually.
Yes, I just looked at our cc statement, spent $476 eating out last month. ‘Course with grocery costs spiraling up, not a lot of savings to be had eating at home. Monthly groceries for 2 now well over $500/mo. EB large eggs hit $5.59/doz this week at Publix. FJB

Back
Top Bottom