• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Hearing Protection Act passed out of committee

Ain't nobody gonna be cleaning baffles no more. We're gonna have throw away 3d printed cans. Just buy a new one every range trip.
I wouldn't : I'm not trusting that nor do I want to make a suppressor every time I go shooting : Id rather just grab the octane : it's served me well for years now

No. The Isis 2 sounds no where near as good as the octane .
Two different cans. When I upgraded my guardian from aluminum to stainless it got noticeably louder. Same can, same baffles, different materials. Upgrading to stainless made the can easier to clean, but I regret it because it made it louder.

Two different cans. When I upgraded my guardian from aluminum to stainless it got noticeably louder. Same can, same baffles, different materials. Upgrading to stainless made the can easier to clean, but I regret it because it made it louder.
The specs could have been slightly different . I've yet to hear an aluminum suppressor sound better than the heavy hitter upper tier suppressors

This SHARE bill does a lot more than silencers. It gets rid of the Corp of Engineers restrictions, it eliminates the 'sporting purposes' test for importing firearms and it adds some teeth to FOPA from what I've been reading. It also stops ammo bans of lead ammo (and lead fishing tackle) and allows hunting trophies to be imported again among other pro-hunter stipulations.

As mentioned, it's out of committee and should be voted on by the House next week. Definitely time to call your representative.

NRA-ILA link is below...

https://act.nraila.org/takeaction.aspx?AlertID=1798

And a full description of the bill...

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20170915/house-committee-passes-share-act-by-wide-margin

weight isnt a huge issue for me or cleaning.
Id rather buy a product that last a lifetime at a little more cost for my main shooters. I may entertain the idea of a disposable. Im not runnig full auto. Ill suppress a pistol for home defense, a 22 for plinking and a dedicated hunting rifle. So thats $600 i save since im not a fan of 1 can bouncing from gun to gun.

L
weight isnt a huge issue for me or cleaning.
Id rather buy a product that last a lifetime at a little more cost for my main shooters. I may entertain the idea of a disposable. Im not runnig full auto. Ill suppress a pistol for home defense, a 22 for plinking and a dedicated hunting rifle. So thats $600 i save since im not a fan of 1 can bouncing from gun to gun.
same here . I have 8+ suppressors . I only use 2 .

The swd octane hd 2 9mm
And the swd spectre 2 .

Both have been abused and used . Both still look new when baffles tumbled . I wish I knew 6 suppressors ago what I know now.

Who knows. All I know is the upgrade ruined that can.
It happens. I upgraded to ios10 and this piece of **** 5c is almost unusable now. Due to my increased work load I simply have to have a tumble safe suppressor as I don't have much free time. I'd rather not spend that picking at an aluminum suppressor

Back
Top Bottom