• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hearing Protection

jnv500

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
11   0
Reaction score
Hey guys;

Wondering if anyone had some recommendations on good hearing protection for the range. Looking for something no higher than the $300 range. Let me know what you use.

As a lower cost option, try the Howard Leight Impact "Sport" Electronic Ear Muffs. Most places sell them for around $60.
We use them every week at the range and have had good serive out of them.
They are a little loud but the electronic "cutout" works well & the battery life is not bad.

As a lower cost option, try the Howard Leight Impact "Sport" Electronic Ear Muffs. Most places sell them for around $60.
We use them every week at the range and have had good serive out of them.
They are a little loud but the electronic "cutout" works well & the battery life is not bad.

I have the same ones. Work great!

Honestly...I have an older set of Browning muffs, and I use a set of ear plugs to compliment the muffs. Between the two, I have something like a 50dB drop. I never come out of the range with my ears ringing. I usually shoot alone so no need to hear conversation...and I have no distractions.

Just something to think about...

Otherwise, I have tried a set of Monte's recommendation - and for the money, they are a good product. I'd rather buy a $60 set of ear protection and spend $240 on ammo and/or another gun.

I wear Peltor Tacticals on the range for work. I can still here range master and still shoot. I love volume controlled ear muffs. I recommend them to anyone in LE or a very active shooter.

Back
Top Bottom