• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hello from Grant Park. ODT is a Great Site!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha Foxtrot ATL

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
4   0
Reaction score
Hi All,

I've been on here for just over a month. This is a great site. I'm pretty new to firearms. I've done a trade on here and had a great experience, and look forward to many more! There are some good deals on here and some great people. The discussions are entertaining and informative. I can spend several hours on ODT and not even realize it, especially when I'm at the office ;)

I grew up in Savannah and have lived in Atlanta since 1998 (L5P, Va Highlands, and purchased a home in 2007 in Grant Park). I work in management for a national broadcast media company.

My girlfriend and I were victims of a home invasion several years ago and after that night I vowed that I will never be in that helpless position again in my own home.

Thankfully we were not physically harmed, however the emotional damage took quite a while to get over. I'm not sure we are even over it now. And it took a while for me to actually purchase the gun(s) as I grew up in an semi anti-gun household. But in the end I made the decision to protect myself.

The one good thing that came from the robbery was is that we both have a much better understanding and use of security. Simple things like setting the alarm, having a security door setup and actually locking the door go a long way. We were those dummys that didn't always lock the door and we learned the hard way about that.

My first firearm purchase and my favorite is a S&W MP AR 15 Sport. I've got it decked out with Magpul FDE furniture (grip, hand guard, angled fore grip, rails, sling) with a cheapy red dot sight. I've purchased an additonal complete upper receiver so I will be adding the FA and Dust cover to the weapon. Will also be getting a Eotech or Aimpoint CCW optic at some point in the future. Overall the gun was a great value (picked it up at Ad Outdoors in Smyrna for $634 with taxes). I've put over 2K rounds thru it since March and had one FTF but other than that no issues at all. I clean it religiously.

My backup home defense weapon is a Glock 23 OD that I got on here in a trade (traded my Glock 33 OD for it). The weapon is very nice and love taking it to the range.

I've taken a defensive pistol course and am setup to take a basic AR-15 course coming up here in June. I go to the range about once a week. I've purchased all of the Magpul videos and enjoy watching and practicing with them.

I'm planning on getting my GWL but for right now, I just keep the 23 in my work bag: house-car-work-back home.

Anyway thanks for reading a little about me and thanks for the ODT. Keep up the great work!

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom