• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hello from Skunk Ape Tree Stands...

How in the world did that guy walk that stand up the tree by himself?!?! Is he from Krypton or am I missing something? :confused:

And oh yeah, welcome! :cool:
I’ve seen my buddy who is 6’5” 290 do this several times. Then he holds it while I go up and strap it to the tree.
This is a cool stand will try one out one day.

I’ve seen my buddy who is 6’5” 290 do this several times. Then he holds it while I go up and strap it to the tree.
This is a cool stand will try one out one day.
That dude ain't 6'5" or 290# and that's a twenty foot ladder that supposedly weighs 95#. The leverage needed about halfway up.... well.... that math hurts my head. :)

How in the world did that guy walk that stand up the tree by himself?!?! Is he from Krypton or am I missing something? :confused:

And oh yeah, welcome! :cool:
We have two ropes in the box that you tie on to either side of the foot platform. One or two guys get on the back side of the tree and pull the stand up while the other guy walks/guides the ladder up to the tree. We have a video on the website media page that shows installing it on the tree. That video shows all three of us putting it up. YOu can do it with two though.

That dude ain't 6'5" or 290# and that's a twenty foot ladder that supposedly weighs 95#. The leverage needed about halfway up.... well.... that math hurts my head. :)
The total weight of the stand is 121 lbs. We have sleeves that go on the ladder joints with two bolts that give a lot more rigidity for the ladder as well. Us Skunk Apes are 6'3" and mostly below 250 lbs! It can be done with mere middle aged mortals!!! Thank you for the questions!

The total weight of the stand is 121 lbs. We have sleeves that go on the ladder joints with two bolts that give a lot more rigidity for the ladder as well. Us Skunk Apes are 6'3" and mostly below 250 lbs! It can be done with mere middle aged mortals!!! Thank you for the questions!
Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention that it is twenty feet to the seat! The shooting rail will be up around twenty two or so feet, but it is adjustable for height of the hunter.

We have two ropes in the box that you tie on to either side of the foot platform. One or two guys get on the back side of the tree and pull the stand up while the other guy walks/guides the ladder up to the tree. We have a video on the website media page that shows installing it on the tree. That video shows all three of us putting it up. YOu can do it with two though.
OK, THAT makes a lot more sense. :thumb:

4DF69A90-191A-46D1-A24F-01BEF0EDF96B.gif
Welcome

Back
Top Bottom