• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hello, I'm mtdawg169 and I'm a parts snob.

I literally spent half a night this week trying to diagnose a factory built PSA upper via text. Failure to Feed. Gun was a one shot wonder. Rounds ejecting but not feeding. Suspicion: Gun is possibly WAY overgassed or the gas block is misaligned. But without getting hands on, I can't really say what was wrong with it.

Wonder if it suffers from the same BCG issue I mentioned earlier?

There is the possibility the gas port is obstructed from a poorly drilled hole as well. Although, a snap cap in the chamber and blowing in the muzzle end should be a dead giveaway if gas flow is restricted.

Wonder if it suffers from the same BCG issue I mentioned earlier?

There is the possibility the gas port is obstructed from a poorly drilled hole as well. Although, a snap cap in the chamber and blowing in the muzzle end should be a dead giveaway if gas flow is restricted.
All that supposedly checked out. I'm not going to speculate any further on it without physically inspecting it. There's only so much we can do online / via text.

My Premium carbine and all other premiums I have seen have been F marked.
I was checking out my PTAC a little while ago (broke it the other day) and the FSB is F marked, so there's that. What I broke wasn't PTAC related though. I learned that the detents on a Plum Crazy II are also polymer. Honestly I am surprised that it's held up as well as it has, or I'm just mall ninja (likely the latter).

Well, here is a good example. This is the upper I mentioned earlier. Brand new upper. It is a single shot and will not function with multiple known good bolt carrier groups and multiple lowers. All the same failure.

The upper receiver dimensions appear to be out of spec, causing the cam pin and a new charging handle to bind inside the receiver. PSA called it good enough and used it anyway.

360a2d87e19db42d38b3af0b9a9b6d87.jpg
6b497feba6c48f88c931b2067a5b0ef9.jpg
7e1b6ac02b1df4454b8eac196fce553b.jpg

You know, I've been a big PSA supporter in the past. Used to think they were a decent product at a good price. The last two new psa lowers I had I had to fix something before they worked. I don't think QC is priority one up there.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I actually thought PSA was a decent product until reading of all the issues y'all have seen with them in this thread. I've only ever had one, but it seemed to be good to me. I'm far from an expert though.

I actually thought PSA was a decent product until reading of all the issues y'all have seen with them in this thread. I've only ever had one, but it seemed to be good to me. I'm far from an expert though.
Sometimes, you can get a decent gun out of them. It's just a crap shoot as to whether you're going to get a winner or loser.

Back
Top Bottom