• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hello there and quick question

NewnanTrek

Default rank <5 posts
New to The Trader!
0   0
Reaction score
Hi,

New to the site and will be using it later to post an ad for shotgun. Previously I've only bought or sold handguns and those were thru a broker or a pawn shop. Is it standard for me to write up a bill of sale for the buyer to sign since it’s a private transaction? And apologies if I’m posting in the wrong forum.

Welcome to the site! I am not a lawyer, did not sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night, so take this with a grain of salt. A Bill of Sale is currently not required. You can offer one or ask for one while setting up the transaction in the private messaging feature provided (really a good idea to use the system for buyer & seller protection.) If you have doubts if the buyer is legal to own what you are selling, you can sure ask for photo ID (DL, etc.) to satisfy age requirements. You can also ask to see a GA Weapons Carry Permit to make sure buyer is not a 'prohibited person. Also, look at the members ratings and how long (s)he has been a member. Good luck!

Hi,

New to the site and will be using it later to post an ad for shotgun. Previously I've only bought or sold handguns and those were thru a broker or a pawn shop. Is it standard for me to write up a bill of sale for the buyer to sign since it’s a private transaction? And apologies if I’m posting in the wrong forum.
Welcome

Welcome to the site N NewnanTrek
I hope you find it all in good clean fun and can help add to the conversations and comradere around here.
There are a good many great folks here and a lot of good trades .
If you need anything just ask someone, there are a lot of helpful people as well as the normal assholes too. You will quickly learn which is which ! :dance:

WG4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom