• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help finding a holster for battle belt

That's an older style BFG Trauma Now ifak that I got on closeout from BFG. Filled it with gear from Dark Angel Medical. Now, if I just knew how to use it all. It seems really poser-ish to me, but I figure I can either plug a hole or apply a TQ if necessary and hope that a medic can make use of it if there's an accident on the range during a class.

That's what I figure. It's better to have it and maybe someone can use it. However it'd be nice to learn everything, but filling holes and using a TQ should get you through most major injuries

The American Red Cross has classroom and online courses in basic first aid and CPR.
Their website will show you the online classes and the classroom classes near you.
The basic first aid and CPR classes are great. What I was referring too was the classes that specifically deal with a gun shot or knife wound. They also teach the proper ways to use the tourniquet and other items usually found in the issues IFAK's.

I'm keeping my ear to the ground for a good, local trauma medicine class.

One of the Instructors that has worked for me before has quite a background, including several years working a meat wagon at Grady. He has said before if the interest is there that he can teach a "practical tactical" medicine course for me here in the ATL area. I'd be happy to host it and put it together.

One of the Instructors that has worked for me before has quite a background, including several years working a meat wagon at Grady. He has said before if the interest is there that he can teach a "practical tactical" medicine course for me here in the ATL area. I'd be happy to host it and put it together.
I'd definitely be interested in a class that was geared towards basic trauma and gunshot wound treatment.

Here's the info on the Dark Angel class in Norcross. They will also be in Brunswick in April.
https://darkangelmedical.com/product/dart-norcross-ga-april-2016/

I'm definetely interested. Please keep us posted as to content, location and pricing if he ever gets enough interest to put of the class.

Back
Top Bottom