• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Help identify

Survivor Johnny

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
103   0
Reaction score
Here is a weird one guys. I have a "haxit"... They were made during the Vietnam era for "U.S. special forces" in Sheffield England. Mine is marked "made in Germany" and is signed on the sheath from the U.S. contractor (E Jackson) to Jay White. My wife did some research and Jay White May have been a senator or affiliated with the CIA, she said it was unclear. This doesn't seem to add up unless there were proto-types made in Germany before the contract to make them was given to a company in England called Shefield. Here's the pics. Anyone got any knowledge on the history of these? Google seems to be incomplete about the full history

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 31
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 31
Wow, yours looks like a presentation version.
The design is awesome, like a cane knife on steroids!
I got knife envy now.

It has been common to have several companies build stuff for the military, especially when production lasts several years.
Don't know the German company; but Sheffield has a solid history. And they have made military knives.

. Hi John, Originally they were made in two sizes by Taylor Eye Witness, a Sheffield cutlery firm as an item for commercial sale. I think the German ones came later when Taylor fell apart and their assets and designs were sold off. Ben Baker of CISO once told my old partner, Gary Boyd, that he once saw a CIA warehouse full of them. They were provided to the indigenous troops like the Montagnard tribesmen. I don't know much beyond this. Mike

this was the email I got back from him

Back
Top Bottom