• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help identifying powder

Hey ODTers, came across this 8lb keg in my stash of stuff and CANNOT for the life of me remember what it is… Cardboard cylinder with UN059 it’s a flake like shot shell/pistol powder. Im thinking of putting together some powder puff loads with 200 grain swc’s for the 1911 with this stuff. I will start very low and work up of course. Back when I got this I was really into Unique powder but this does not have the same appearance of the last bit of my unique I have laying around… Any ideas?
Unique for reference.

Attachments

• IMG_7784.jpeg
    IMG_7784.jpeg
    213.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_7783.jpeg
    IMG_7783.jpeg
    190.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_7782.jpeg
    IMG_7782.jpeg
    201.6 KB · Views: 16
If I were still a reloader like I was 25 years ago, I would make some .38 special loads with that stuff and fire them through a 357 magnum revolver.
Starting very weak, as if it were Bullseye, and working my way up.

I was looking at few of my older containers of Unique powder (Hercules Era cardboard tubes). All of them had lot numbers like that for Unique. Example being UN 411 (1994 dated). Conversely I have an old Hercules Green Dot 4lb cardboard container that has a lot number of GD 206 stamped on the side much like yours. If I was going to use it I would treat it like Unique start low and work up.

Back
Top Bottom