• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

T-Man

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
26   0
Reaction score
I need some help please. A close friend of the family’s husband decided to use this shotgun to exit. His widow is a very nice lady who is now in a tough spot. She is wanting to get rid of it for emotional and financial reasons and is convinced it has value as a “handmade” shotgun. I personally know zero about this brand and it’s not my cup of tea so, asking for anyone with knowledge of this shotgun to help with information for a listing and an estimated fair value.

It’s marked WISCO KG ERLANGEN. Made in Spain

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 54
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 57
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 58
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 60
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 51
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 52
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 53
I have a similar one made by a company called Spanish arms I believe. Not totally sure, but Spanish guns can be high end and very low end. I'd guess 250, maybe a little more depending on condition.

It looks like a 'working' grade spanish sxs boxlock. As mentioned, quality varies a bit, but generally decent to fairly high end. Looks fairly modern.

I'd think $250 is on the pretty low end, 500 + maybe, but I'd have to see it in person to guess at quality and value.

Wischo K.G." is the trade name used by a post W W II, German sporting goods/firearms distributor, by the name of Wilsker & Co. located in the city of Erlangen. Spanish made shotguns were exported all over the world in great quanity, starting in the 1950's.

Many of these guns were made under a cooperative contract. One shop would made the barrels, one the actions, one the stocks and then assembled by yet another shop.

Not sure of value, but from what I have read about the different shotguns produced from this company, they are not collector's pieces.

It looks like a 'working' grade spanish sxs boxlock. As mentioned, quality varies a bit, but generally decent to fairly high end. Looks fairly modern.

I'd think $250 is on the pretty low end, 500 + maybe, but I'd have to see it in person to guess at quality and value.
Thanks for the information. I really appreciate it!

Wischo K.G." is the trade name used by a post W W II, German sporting goods/firearms distributor, by the name of Wilsker & Co. located in the city of Erlangen. Spanish made shotguns were exported all over the world in great quanity, starting in the 1950's.

Many of these guns were made under a cooperative contract. One shop would made the barrels, one the actions, one the stocks and then assembled by yet another shop.

Not sure of value, but from what I have read about the different shotguns produced from this company, they are not collector's pieces.
Thanks for the background. Her husband once told her it was worth over $1,000. It doesn’t look or feel like a $1,000 shotgun to me. I’ll have to think about how to break this news to her and help her sell it on. Appreciate all your help.

Back
Top Bottom