Help me decide on my next can.

I'm sort of in the same position. I've got a Warlock II and Mystic pending. I recently picked up a .308 Savage hog hunter. I'm thinking a general use, thread on is the next step.

For what you've got, I think a 308 is the natural progression for you. That or another 22.
QD depends on you. If it were just the bolt gun I'd say just get threads. But the ar in the mix changes things. I'd get the yhm ti QD. Problem is finding one. I have some on backorder and they are all already sold.

Even without suppressed ammo bolt action 308 is quiet. I've used my buddies sdn762 a bunch and have a few on nfa wait. I looked at the yhm but I couldn't find it in stock.

I would do a 5.56 can. If its able to be disassembled for cleaning you should be able to use it for .22 I would think. I would wait for the .308 to see if they legalize suppressed hunting.

need i say more? ti-rant 9mm
IMG_6954.JPG

then what is your justification for a .223 can over a quality .22lr?

I'm thinking if he can get one to be disassembled for cleaning after shooting .22 through it then he should be able to use a .223 can on a .22. I know it would be heavier but if its used on a rifle it may not matter as much and the extra weight would make training with a .22 AR more realistic. But I also started drinking early today so there is always that.

I'm thinking if he can get one to be disassembled for cleaning after shooting .22 through it then he should be able to use a .223 can on a .22. I know it would be heavier but if its used on a rifle it may not matter as much and the extra weight would make training with a .22 AR more realistic. But I also started drinking early today so there is always that.

Until you have a can for all of your main calibers, I wouldnt double up yet. If you get a 308 can you can use that on many other calibers as well. I went 9mm, 22lr, and 308 for my cans. this gives me a broad range of uses. the 9mm is for my ar and my pistols, the 22 is for a bunch of guns, and the 308 can is for 300blk and 7.62x39. my next can will prob be another 22 though that is the caliber I shoot most.

So based on what you already have, I agree a 308 can is your next best bet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom