Help me decide what my next gun should be

So which gun?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Honestly, I can say that I lack all of the above minus a Savage FV-SR. I had a decision to make about a year ago and I elected to pay medical bills. I sold almost everything I had. 90% of which would have been classified as AW in the last ban. I mean I had some sweet stuff. Multiples of some models. I have been trying to get back on the road here but had a really bad set-back a few months ago with a purchase of a PF-9. Man that thing was terrible. I swear I am keeping my stuff this time! Being in this situation sucks so bad.

I am sincerely happy that things are getting better for you. My business closed about 5 years ago. Lots of selling. Things got better.

IMHO I would get the largest pistol you can carry. It's the most versatile choice - PD/HD too. Then go from there.

Get something with a high demand on this board. That way you have more flexibility to trade as your needs change. G19 may be a great choice.

get what you want...there is plenty of time.

as a side note, did Romney's waffling answer make you feel much better than Obummer's? uh...well...when i was in Massachusetts I signed an AWB because it was a bi-partisan bill that both sides came together on. didnt sound like he had much conviction about good ole ammendment #2 to me!

as a side note, did Romney's waffling answer make you feel much better than Obummer's? uh...well...when i was in Massachusetts I signed an AWB because it was a bi-partisan bill that both sides came together on. didnt sound like he had much conviction about good ole ammendment #2 to me!

To answer your question, "No", Romney's history (while I do not perceive as dangerous as Obama concerning 2nd Rights) does not exactly ease my mind on this subject. If anything it strengthens it. My only hope is that the NRA (with their endorsement) will keep the reigns pulled tight on him.

Yeah good point. But Romney should in theory appoint conservative Supreme Court justices that would uphold decisions that keep the integrity of the 2nd Amendment. Obummer on the other hand definitely will not. Anyone he appoints to the Supreme Court is likely going to be in line with his liberal ideologies which would be really bad for our 2nd Amendment.

It's been a direct flip-flop for me as far as this gun decision. Months ago I had a nice AR on lay-a-way and at the last minute pulled the plug. Even sold 1,000 Rounds of 5.56. Now without a ccw I feel almost naked. It's a tough decision. I'm almost tempted to go all in and buy the cc and the AR but the thought of depleting all of the money at once kills me, plus either way i go, I'm going to need those funds as I plan to buy as much in that caliber as possible.
What's weird is the opinions I got throughout the day from people I normally see. For example and this may sound weird to some, while at night class (yes, someone who actually pays their way through school; see Obama people can do it on their own) my teacher actually advised me to pursue the AR and get the cc later. His thoughts were that statistically I could get by without a handgun for the time being. He thinks the AWB is definitely coming and feels that it is possible that if Obama is re-elected we could be facing civil war. I know what your thinking, "what, I thought all teachers/professors were left-wing nut jobs." Not this guy. He is actually Retired Army and in my mind pretty sharp.
Of course some of this goes against my feelings as I really feel a cc is a necessity. I worked a second job in security for a good long while to pay for school and as most of you know there are some very messed up people out there. Plus with the Holidays coming up I know me and my family will be out and frankly I'm sick and tired of avoiding places just because I'm not carrying. So it is a tough decision. That's why I wanted to hear what the ODT had to say. Thanks for all the replies so far guys!

For example and this may sound weird to some, while at night class (yes, someone who actually pays their way through school; see Obama people can do it on their own) my teacher actually advised me to pursue the AR and get the cc later. His thoughts were that statistically I could get by without a handgun for the time being. He thinks the AWB is definitely coming and feels that it is possible that if Obama is re-elected we could be facing civil war. I know what your thinking, "what, I thought all teachers/professors were left-wing nut jobs." Not this guy. He is actually Retired Army and in my mind pretty sharp.

Most/all military men are trained to access the threat and take immediate action. It is really non-selective who is in office, there will always be those who lose sight of the intent of the second and pervert it to mean something it's not in order to justify their agenda.

If history repeats itself (it does have a nasty habit of that) then the first rights to be infringed will be arms that our protectors use, such as select fire small arms. That has been accomplished mostly-just try to buy one. The next milestone will be semi-auto's that have the "high capacity" (normal capacity) ammunition capability. The restriction and limitation of ammunition with "sin" taxation in order to reduce the flow of expendable weapon supplies will follow or closely be timed. Next repeating firearms (since previous bans were not effective) and as that fails then further severe restrictions of any firearm be it a break top shotgun or muzzle loader. Gun owners will need to be demonized in order to sway public opinion and support the "agenda".

It's not rocket science; it has been accomplished time and time again starting with simple swords and to date with firearms the chosen defensive weapon of the free man.

If you don't have a high capacity rifle and pistol then do so, but realize that our system is one of registration although it in itself is as registration is illegal but let us not call it that then and make it legal. Buy enough magazines to last you and yours a lifetime. Buy enough ammo to support you for 90 days or more with light contact (a basic load of about 600 round should do-but who really knows) but be able to create more (reload-cast-save brass-store powder-primers) or have access to more. More is good, not enough sucks.

Pick a rifle and a sidearm then support them appropriately. Hope for the best plan for the worst. Flexibility will be your asset.

In our current state of affairs, for flexibility a sidearm would be my first consideration and at the earliest opportunity a rifle. A shotgun for the house is a truism that only the ignorant will dispute.

All three will make a trained man a force to be reckoned with inside a 300 meter range.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom