Help Me Pick--dan Wesson Heritage Or Colt Gold Cup Trophy

fast306stang

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
378   0
Reaction score
I'm gonna get another 1911 and I've narrowed it down to these two. Both are stainless...does the Colt have a forged frame and the DW has a cast frame? Been told this may be the case but I don't know. I hate the solid trigger of the DW but the overall fit and finish looks like it's better than the Colt? Decisions, decisions. The gun is just going to be a pretty range toy.

Help sway me one way or the other. I can't decide lol.

Not sure about the Colt but the Dan Wesson is a cast frame and forged slide.

That's a tough choice...I would vote DW by a hair.

That's the way I'm leaning but it changes every hour, lol.

Do you know are both guns hand fitted to a certain degree? Slide to frame, and a little trigger work?

I read somewhere that the DWs are all hand fitted where need be and this would definitely include the slide. I'm sure their CNC machines are top quality which would would get them close. I would be interested to know about the Colts. I would imagine the gold cup would have some hand fitted parts. Anyone know for sure or have anymore info?

Im 99% sure the dan wesson is 100% forged. I want a dan one day. Will probably get a 10mm thigh because I anyway have a ruger sr1911 that is nice for the money.
I've held a heritage and a colt rail gun side by side and the dan was tighter, smoother, and had a better trigger.

Back
Top Bottom