help my son is addicted

Status
Not open for further replies.
At age 19 I was at Gainesville college and working 40 hours a week, I bought a brand new Toyota Tacoma 4X4 and already had a paid off jet ski. If I wasn't at school, working or on the lake, I was looking for a private spot with my girlfriend. Kids these days. Lol.

I like this man's style! I drive a crappy car but have enough boom-stick capital to get a decent truck. Vehicles only lose value, guns stay the same ;)

I'm 21 and make median american income.
And I say this to say, it was in who I know. I passed the required tests on my own, but doubt they would of handed he tests to a kid, had I not had the recommendation I did.
The job market truly is terrible, sure don't miss retail, But something is better than nothing.
you are correct sir at any age it is often who you know as much as what you know...

2glocks:2812438 said:
Its definitely tough for us younger folks now than when your generation was our age.

I disagree, people from every generation have been saying this. Same as every older generation saying that younger generation are lazy, stupid, and lacking moral values. I can almost guarantee that when I am 60 I'll look at the younger generation and think that they are losers. It's all the same stuff, just a different year.

By tougher, I meant tougher to find employment. Older generations definitely had to work harder than we do these days.. Some blame it on laziness but in most cases technology advancements are to blame. Also didn't mean that as an insult to anyone. I've heard stories from my parents where they could walk in a place needing help and start working right then. If you think its that simple now just log on to a website, any website and apply. It will take you 45 mins to an hour just to apply for a minimum wage job and you don't even get the satisfaction of shaking someone's hand after turning in your application. Things have changed, and not for the better.

By tougher, I meant tougher to find employment. Older generations definitely had to work harder than we do these days.. Some blame it on laziness but in most cases technology advancements are to blame. Also didn't mean that as an insult to anyone. I've heard stories from my parents where they could walk in a place needing help and start working right then. If you think its that simple now just log on to a website, any website and apply. It will take you 45 mins to an hour just to apply for a minimum wage job and you don't even get the satisfaction of shaking someone's hand after turning in your application. Things have changed, and not for the better.

Gotcha, I definitely agree with you on that! getting a job is hard right now

If your son wants to work and wants to learn, I'm pretty sure I can get him a job. It's in Johns Creek and its at night. If interested PM me.

IMO--- I'm old school and I think it's all about work ethics. It's not about job market or the "I can't find a job" excuse. You can blame it on whatever you want, but if a person really and truely wants to work an earn their way, then they will find work.
I know of a certain 21 yr old male that is in the same situation as the OP's son and as long as his mother "enables" him to sit on his arse and play video games all night and sleep all day, he will do just that and absolutely nothing else.

A day in a butterbean patch picking butterbeans would kill most youngins these days,,,

I worked at Kroger for what felt like forever.
When they needed a new batch of baggers, they called the last 10 people to apply for interviews, never worried about picking the most impressive.
Online applications are awful. Its what hurts young people the most. They don't get any idea of who you are. And it can be hard to stay positive, some companies don't even send a thanks for a applying email. Many times I hit enter wondering if anyone would bother to read it.

e.
Online applications are awful. Its what hurts young people the most. They don't get any idea of who you are. And it can be hard to stay positive, some companies don't even send a thanks for a applying email. Many times I hit enter wondering if anyone would bother to read it.
in a word NO.. most online apps are never seen buy a human, they have filtering software that kicks most...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom