• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help needed 15-22

leechnilk1

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
49   0
Reaction score
Ok. I've hit a wall here. My M&P 15-22 is failing every other round.

It's not:

Dirty
Mags
Firing pin
Feed lips
Extractor
Ammo
Trigger

This gun has 48,000 rounds through it, it's a very simple design. I'm out of ideas. Replaced firing pin.

When it fails, I can open it up and see that the hammer is full forward. If I pull the bolt back it extracts the round. If I place the same round back in the breach, manually reset the hammer and close it back up, it fires. So it's something with the semi-auto function that is failing. I can manually feed it all day long.

Bolt return spring??? Could that be weak maybe?

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Ok. I've hit a wall here. My M&P 15-22 is failing every other round.

It's not:

Dirty
Mags
Firing pin
Feed lips
Extractor
Ammo
Trigger

This gun has 48,000 rounds through it, it's a very simple design. I'm out of ideas. Replaced firing pin.

When it fails, I can open it up and see that the hammer is full forward. If I pull the bolt back it extracts the round. If I place the same round back in the breach, manually reset the hammer and close it back up, it fires. So it's something with the semi-auto function that is failing. I can manually feed it all day long.

Bolt return spring??? Could that be weak maybe?

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Verify that your hammer spring is installed correctly, if it is replace it.

it sounds like the gas system is working properly, and 48k rounds later something that was working isn't now. I would buy a new lower parts kit and either replace everything. Or individually compare the springs to find the culprit.

Back
Top Bottom