• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help Needed About The Mossberg Maverick Forearm Removal......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troy Brown

Space Force Icon Super Lifetime Supporter 1
ODT Junkie!
47   0
Reaction score
I got one of those straps that bolt onto the forearm of my Mossberg Mavrick, and it says to remove it before drilling and bolting on.
So I figured I would ask one of you that might have had the pleasure of removing this type of forearm, how hard is this procedure? Any special tools involved? anything to watchout for when doing this?
I do not have the manual anymore. But I did find some info on the net, but it is not complete I think.
It also says that I have to remove the trigger housing? That kinda makes me nervous.
Any advise guys?

A strap, is that like a sling?
To put a sling on, I think all you have to do, is remove the barrel, then take the big screw out and replace it with the swivel stud.
The screw is held in place by a nut on the other side which you'll have to hold.

If you need to remove the fore arm, then yes, you'll have to remove the trigger housing.
It's one pin, push it out and the trigger will pull out.

I think this is more like the strap that goes just under the handguard- something to help keep your hand from slipping off the handguard.

I may be getting an 870 and the Mossy 500 mixed up, but I don't think dropping the trigger group is any big deal- just a couple of pins to remove. I normally take them apart for a good cleaning- that is unless I'm getting confused between the Rem 870 and Mossberg.

Maverick 88 is not that big a deal to take apart. When you put it back together, you gotta make sure it's all in the right order than that the right pieces are over and/or under the other right pieces, lol.

A strap, is that like a sling?
To put a sling on, I think all you have to do, is remove the barrel, then take the big screw out and replace it with the swivel stud.
The screw is held in place by a nut on the other side which you'll have to hold.

If you need to remove the fore arm, then yes, you'll have to remove the trigger housing.
It's one pin, push it out and the trigger will pull out.

Thia is what I got. It says to remove the forearm first. (scroll down to the bottom.....and yes, I got the grip too....ts pretty cool I might add. I already installed that part)
http://shockwavetechnologies.com/site/?page_id=14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom