• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Help needed for Florida Keys vacation

Way too much info on the keys to be able to get it in a few posts. I have been going down there for 16years. First time for a week the next for two weeks then I started renting houses for the month.
I always get a house on the open water with a dock. Prices go from $2000 to sky's the limit for a monthly stay. A quick Google search for rental homes and off you go. I like the lower keys the best, less people and laid back, until you get to KeyWest. My favorite months to go are April - May, not too hot and stone crab are still in season and cheap!
The must do short list is.
Hand feed the tarpon at Robbie's marina. It cost $5 to get on the dock and a bucket of bait fish. WOW fun right there! Google it.
Fried key lime pie at Porky's BBQ on marathon key. Only get the pie, the rest of their menu is not so good.
Sunset festival mallory square to see the street performers, some good eats, drinks and watch the sunset.
If you don't take a boat, then get a half day fishing trip. I have used Tortuga IV out of key west many times. Just get a spot on the stern and you will catch fish.
Rent kayak and go into the flats on the gulf side. Anywhere. You will be amazed at the sea life you see and catch on a calm day.
Take a snorkel trip to Looe key reef.
Seaplane trip to dry tortugas
And so much more!

Bahia Honda State Park is pretty cool and has a nice beach. John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park however is incredible if you like snorkeling. I love the keys. Everything you would want to do in the Caribbean without the high murder rates and gun control.

Hand feed the tampon at Robbie's marina. It cost $5 to get on the dock and a bucket of bait fish. WOW fun right there! Google it.
You can hand feed the tampon all you want. Now hand feeding the tarpon on the other hand sounds like a blast.

Hand feed the Tarpon at Robbie's marina. It cost $5 to get on the dock and a bucket of bait fish. WOW fun right there! Google it.
You can hand feed the tampon all you want. Now hand feeding the tarpon on the other hand sounds like a blast.
Sorry I was gonna have nightmares thinking about that...I had to change it...

Back
Top Bottom