Help, Remington 1100 fails to feed.

RamRoddoc

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
62   0
Reaction score
I figured it was just dirty, needed fresh springs or dirty and needed fresh springs.

Cleaned replaced action spring still not feeding properly, then changed the magazine tube spring and still no dice.

It fails to feed with nearly all of the shell out of battery. A slight press on the carrier and the bolt slams home and fires. It fails intermittently and I have tried several types of ammo to no avail.

Anyone familiar with this issue and any corrective action?

IMG_0181.JPG

Press slightly on the carrier and the bolt goes into battery.

IMG_0182.JPG

Double and triple checked gas rings and o-ring and correctly installed.

IMG_0185.JPG

Just a thought I have seen them not work right is there was a tiny speck of rust in the chamber or a chunk of burnt powder in there

Have you tried pulling the bolt back and manually charging the gun? If it still does not it could be a bent elevator pinching the shell slightly. You could look at an unfired shell to see if it has been scratched.

Last edited:
When you pull the bolt back it locks, if a round is in the tube, it pops out on the carrier and depressing the button on the carrier releases the bolt, it catches and goes into battery no issue. When firing, it will jam at least once or twice with 4 or 5 (one in chamber) loaded shells.

It jams on the second or third shot and might run the next 2 or 3 shots.

Back
Top Bottom