• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help Value this AK47

KBD431

Default rank <1500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
190   0
Reaction score
Hey guys I need your help. I know absolutely nothing about AK47's and a friend of mine has one that he would like to sell and has approached me about determining its value. He is a boat dealer and actually took it in trade along with a ton of high end fishing gear as a partial payment for a boat. I don't believe he has ever even fired it.

So when I say we know little to nothing about this weapon I mean little to nothing. The maker seems to be Global Machine Tool in Texas but that doesn't mean anything to us.

Any help in determining what he has and a reasonable value would be greatly appreciated. While I don't have the item in my possession, if specific pictures are need to answer this question I can ask him to take them and send them to me.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• AK 2.jpg
    AK 2.jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 128
  • AK 1.jpg
    AK 1.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 122
just at first look based off photos its of Yugoslavia dissent, based off the grenade launcher sight on the gas block. Also based off the wording on the receiver it was a parts build kit and assembled here in the US. This means it was imported here as a torch cut parts kit and then assembled fully by the company on the side of the receiver. Machine guns are cut up in these Eastern European countries and sold as parts kit to make them legal to import.

Someone here could probably have a better assessment of value, I'd say anywhere from 700-1000.

For reference, Pioneer just released a batch of underfoldersfor $650, they are the worst aks in production. Century is importing underfolder WASRs and they are going for $900, these are the more desirable. The m70s are just as desirable as the wasrs, so I'd say $900-1k in today's market.

Back
Top Bottom