• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help with SBR AR functioning

Status
Not open for further replies.
While we’re on topic. 11.5” factory sig upper. Unsuppressed, no problem… suppressed it does fine until the last few rounds of the magazine then starts to have FTF. Ejects fine, but won’t pick up next round. Mostly shooting .223 55gr. Pretty sure regular carbine buffer and spring. Haven’t been able to find any info on gas port size except rare report of someone who’s taken it apart and measured it, and IIRC, it was just under 0.063. Sig CS says they’re mil-spec, but there is no mil-spec on 11.5”, but also says they use the same gas port size on all their barrels. So maybe mil-spec M4 @0.0625.

I understand the buffer, I was trying to maybe find cause and a fix, do you think the inch and a half taken off would cause it not to lock back or cause the failure to feed due to the gas port size?
I do. What length gas system? Mid or carbine? Just read your original post again. Get rid of the heavy spring and go with a stock carbine buffer and spring and try that first. If still short stroking then I would advise to drill the gas port.

Undergassed. Also what is the overall length of your reloads. You may be long. I would reload a few in various lengths and see if the feed problems improve. You have a lot of variables going on at once.

I had that same problem with my 10.5 Noveske. Swapped the BCG to a Bootleg adjustable and swapped to the JP silent buffer setup. Runs like butter and that was all the changes I made. Has no issues with or without a can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom