• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Helping friend look for a job

Laxguy59

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
64   0
Reaction score
My friends daughter is looking for work and I figured the ODT could help me. She’s willing to travel some for work so doesn’t have to be excessively close to her.

“Checking for a friend who is job searching. She is 29 years old, lives in the Braselton area, and has some college education. She has previously worked as a server, computer staging technician, and teacher.

If anyone knows of openings please message me and I’ll pass them along.

Thanks”

I would encourage her to create an account on the following websites - Ziprecruiter.Com, Indeed.Com and GlassDoor.com.
Those are the big three job websites right now.
She can create "searches" based on different criteria like "computer staging technician" , "waitress" and so on. The websites will send her lists of positions that meet the criteria that she's looking for.
ZipRecruiter and Glassdoor give you some feedback on whether or not your application is getting looked at. I use them alot.
Indeed is an aggregator and will give you a pretty wide search based on what you are looking for.
She should also create a new gmail account and only use it for job searches. That way, nobody can dox her personal account and collect any information about her.

Here's an example from Indeed for a "restaurant server"

Back
Top Bottom