• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Here is a decent, easily relocatable bugout shelter...

Chris Mac

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
38   0
Reaction score
If you've never seen a yurt before, take a look. They are surprisingly comfortable, can easily be insulated for cold weather, and they are highly mobile. They are small enough to be camoflauged and big enough to live in for years. They're also connectible for bigger families. Will hold a wood stove, and electric/propane appliances can be installed.

Cons: Requires a platform to be built underneath for long term stability, no ballistic protection, probably wouldn't stand up well to your local arson.

http://www.yurts.com/

I think we have different ideas on bugging out. Mine is to bug out to a preset location where this thing would be stored and ready to go in a secure steel container. Then there's the "bug out or lose your life" option, which is here we grab bags, food, etc. and run for the hills.

I prefer to have option #1 as well planned and executed and comfortable as possible - although I'd prefer somethng with a bit more ballistic protection.

Plus, this appeals to my hippie side (I am one half hippie and half Marine).

I think we have different ideas on bugging out. Mine is to bug out to a preset location where this thing would be stored and ready to go in a secure steel container. Then there's the "bug out or lose your life" option, which is here we grab bags, food, etc. and run for the hills.

I prefer to have option #1 as well planned and executed and comfortable as possible - although I'd prefer somethng with a bit more ballistic protection.

Plus, this appeals to my hippie side (I am one half hippie and half Marine).

I have my preset location with fixed shelter already on site. I hear you on the comfort. Ballistic protection........you could add sandbags around the perimeter. All you need are a Mongolian Hat, a horse and a yak and you would be set. Peace!!!!!

A buddy of mine out west is getting one for bug out. He will have it prestaged in his bug out trailer. They are a viable option for quick livable shelter, but they are not super safe from marauders or fire.

Back
Top Bottom