• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Here is the first round in the fight to ban the Constitution!

tmoore

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
28   0
Reaction score
http://www.nraila.org/legislation/f...ein-goes-for-broke-with-new-gun-ban-bill.aspx

This bill, if passed would make almost every weapon illegal. We really need to get started writing letters to our representatives urging them to vote no on this repugnant piece of garbage!

Time is of the essence here and we only have a few short days to make our voices heard! I have drafted the following letter and sent it to my representatives. It is very basic, but with the limited window of opportunity, it is the best that I could come up with. Please feel free to use it as a template if you desire.

To The Honorable ,

It has come to my attention that Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) intends to introduce legislation promoting a new version of the expired assault weapons ban that will make the previous ban, which expired in 2004, pale in comparison. This draconian bill seeks to introduce onerous and costly restrictions on law abiding gun owners and will have minimal to no effect towards reducing crimes committed by felons and others with a lack of respect for the current laws. The millions of Americans who follow the law to the best of their ability and own these so-called “assault weapons” along with the tens of millions who own “large” magazines, for legitimate purposes such as self-defense, target shooting, and hunting will be unfairly affected by this ban if voted into law.

They will argue that the individuals need to own and possess these types of weapons serves no legitimate hunting or sporting purpose. The fallacy of their argument is that the Second Amendment of the Constitution of the United States of America was not put in place to facilitate hunting or sport shooting. It was put in place to offer the individual an opportunity to defend themselves from aggressors by having firepower that was equal, or even superior, to that of their assailants. As a law abiding gun owner, I feel that the ability to protect my family is my greatest responsibility and honor in life. This self-serving ban is no more than a power grab designed to rob average citizens of their rights and to unnecessarily expand the intrusion of government regulation into our lives.

Additionally, passage of this bill would result in the unintended consequence of damaging our struggling economy by killing thousands of private sector manufacturing and service related jobs.

It is for these reasons that I strongly urge you to vote against passage of this unnecessary and destructive ban.

Respectfully,

I also say JOIN NRA and GOA as well! We should not just freeload on the constitution. We must fight and fund it's defenders. Our opposition is very well funded.

That Fienstein B**** is a real tool.She knows politics and how to win support.Like above have stated contact Congressmen,join NRA and any other Pro-firearm organization with clout.

Here is what I sent, if you are Military or a LEO I highly encourage you to say something similar:

"As a United States Marine I fought in both Afghanistan and Iraq to defend the people of this country and the freedoms they enjoy. It disgusts me that those same people are now trying to deny me my freedoms when I have done nothing wrong.

Please do your duty as I did mine and uphold your oath to defend the Constitution. All of it."

Back
Top Bottom