Here's my quandary.

I think that giant I saw last Feb is still in the general area, just not my area. I'm hoping that when the rut gets going he's going to travel a lot more and show up here. One concern I have is that, though I'm covered up with buck, there seems to be very few does using my area. You know what they say about finding the bucks during the rut. Find the does.
Was going to say just this, the bucks go where the does are during the rut and the does stay attached to food and cover. Don't know if you have the ability to impact the food and cover within your arrangement there but keeping the girls there will bring the boys to the yard.

LOL! No doubt! Before I got this property I would have been all over them, but now I'm trying to be very selective. I'm about 95% sure I'm going to let any of them on the trail cam walk this year.

CONGRATS, BEAR44, the Indians only killed enough to eat, and use the hides for clothing, tents, and bow strings.

White man would kill everything they see, and then wonder where all the game went.

That's why you have a continuing heard of good Deer to take from...

A tip of the hat to ya....

CONGRATS, BEAR44, the Indians only killed enough to eat, and use the hides to clothing, tents, and bow strings.

White man would kill everything they see, and then wonder where all the game went.

That's why you have a continuing heard of good Deer to take from...

A tip of the hat to ya....
Don't congratulate me yet. It's going to be damned hard when I'm sitting there with bow in hand.

Yep. That big boy may have a certain core area that he uses in the Spring/Summer and then moves on elsewhere when his antlers harden.
I had a really mature 8 point on camera every summer for a few years that was using my inlaw’s land during the Summer. Once his antlers hardened he moved off, vanishing until the next Spring.

Yep I've seen it many times. Very early bow season is a good opportunity, maybe, then he's gone.

I remember. How did that brass and ammo work out for you?

Fantastic, simply fantastic, you remember where I told as boy we grew up not to far from you, and named all the ole guys that used to live around different places...Your generosity, is, was, and continues to bring great pleasure time on the range. "A TIP OF THE HAT TO YA." Thanks once again...

Fantastic, simply fantastic, you remember where I told as boy we grew up not to far from you, and named all the ole guys that used to live around different places...Your generosity, is, was, and continues to bring great pleasure time on the range. "A TIP OF THE HAT TO YA." Thanks once again...
It was a pleasure meeting you and I'm glad you are getting good use.

Back
Top Bottom