Here's my quandary.

Don't congratulate me yet. It's going to be damned hard when I'm sitting there with bow in hand.

Haha it’s really gonna suck when you’ve harvested both bucks for the season then that big monster 12 point follows you to your stand and looks up the tree at you , walks around your tree three times sniffing your scent then Trotts off like he knows you can’t do Jack to his azz.

Yes this happened to me once .

Haha it’s really gonna suck when you’ve harvested both bucks for the season then that big monster 12 point follows you to your stand and looks up the tree at you , walks around your tree three times sniffing your scent then Trotts off like he knows you can’t do Jack to his azz.

Yes this happened to me once .
Well, I am 100% sure I'll pass on at least one of them. Hell, I probably won't even get a chance at either of them. LOL!

Bear I hunt 2000 acres private land in Macon county the deer there move
1-summer range
2-when horns shed the batchler groups will split up and bucks will move to I guess a rutting area
3-rut area-I think they are bumped around to find a area they can breed
4-around Christmas or little before they will be back in close proximity of summer range
Most of our bucks stay within a 700 acre area we have had a couple that would cover the entire 2000 acre and some I guess
We do plant summer and winter and run 7 feeders approximately 120 acres is food plots and we also have about 400 acres of swamp with privet and acorns
You would think with extensive management and trigger control all bucks would be 150 + but they don’t thats why genetics are so important,and letting them age to get the most out of them.good luck this season.i think people want to judge a trophy by their standards,but a trophy to me may differ from you.

Another possibility is that daddy is here, but in sharp decline.
View attachment 1748334
This guy looks like he might be really old. You can't see it in this pic, but there seems to be a lot of grey on his muzzle. The thing is, if he is very old I would expect the antler main beams to be much closer to horizontal. I have always heard that as they get older the antlers flatten out, or is that just an old wive's tale?

Wait, is that a piece of PVC pipe behind that buck? I think I know where this property is.....

I have access to a small patch of land in North Fulton county that has produced some great deer. I have killed two nice eight points in the last two years and have these guys on trail cam this year.
View attachment 1748319
View attachment 1748320

I also have this pic from early Feb from a spot a few hundred yards from my property.
View attachment 1748321

I don't have a positive sighting of that last one since then.

I don't think anyone else is hunting around here, but I can't know for sure. I don't think the area was hunted before I started to a couple of years ago.

Here's my quandary. I would say those two 8 pointers from the trail cams are about 3.5 or 4.5 years old. If no one else is hunting the area, where are their fathers? Where is the monster from last Feb? Is it possible that after reaching a certain maturity they change their movement patters to someplace other than where they are using now? Or do you think their is another hunter in the area that harvests them when they get to the age they are now?

I'm trying to figure out if I'm going to let them walk or take them this year if I get the chance.
Use a tag from a friend and bust all 3

Back
Top Bottom