• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Higher Gloss Polishing on SW 500 Mag

Two hours is good, then you can start on the other side the next day. Really, the time it takes varies. Some stainless finishes polish out easier and quicker than others. I don't know why, they just do. But I would not be too concerned about how long it takes to polish it out. It will take as long as it takes to get the finish to the shine you want. It is your gun, a little shine, or a lot of shine. Just depends on the time you want to spend.

rdogger, seriously it is not difficult to do. Flitz, rub, buff, flitz, rub, buff, but the process does tend to eat up time. The best way is just go slow, one section at a time that way you get an even finish You don't have to remove the cylinder, but the latch is certainly something to remove.

EDIT: I would be remiss if I did not mention that Mothers Mag Polish works, and Semichrome (I think that is the name) also will work. I use Flitz because it seems to be a more forgiving and consistent polish. JMO

Last edited:
Leatherhead is about to become an expert. I heard that once your polish three, you are an expert.

fslc, I am sure he could get to yours by Monday!

I'll be happy to polish that 500 for you.

But I'm slow.

It may be next year before I can get it back to you!

fslc94, sure I would be happy to polish that M500 for you and unlike Hayata, I would not keep it all that long. No ammo required. However, I do tend to move around a lot, might be hard to find me.

Back
Top Bottom