• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hikers Companion Pistol?

No rimfire.
357 ballistics/power out of a 2” barrel is no better than 38spl.

9mm in a polymer frame striker fired gun will take care of 99% of your problems. Ideally with an enclosed red dot (for better easier accuracy at distance) and a high candela light. Try those all-copper projectiles like the Underwood extreme defender. Those will give a great balance of “barrier” penetration and tissue damage.

What's a light weight, but not tiny sized, centerfire pistol suitable to carry for defense against wild animals, feral or rabid dogs, wolves or mountain lions?
Gun MUST be light... when hiking 10 miles up and down hills, every ounce counts.
Gun need not be small... it should have a decently long barrel and sight radius.

No snubby revolvers.

No pistols weighing 30 oz. or more.
16 oz would be nice.

What's on the market that fits these criteria?
If the gun is this important to you, which it should be, weight should not be the primary concern, but effective caliber choice and shootability. Sacrifice something else when it comes to your safety.

****, that's bait, my man.
My ol lady got an old school bottle of original Polo cologne for Christmas last year. That's because around November she sent me a meme with a pic of the same cologne bottle and it read
"Kryptonite for 80s Chicks". So of course I HAD to get that Polo. However original Polo ain't easy to find. Belks,Kohls, Macy's etc. They got all kinda flavors of Polo but not the original. Finally found it at a damn CVS in Warner Robins.

Since we resurrected this thread I’ll show my boomer woods gun

IMG_2674.png

Back
Top Bottom