• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hiring event for Trident Submarine Base Kings Bay GA. Looking for several different trades. Send resume, interview and get hired.

You mean the sick time and time off?
Combined that comes to 208 hours a year if you are using the sick time.

Most places I have seen only offer about 120 hours of paid time off an off a year.

But it really depends on the culture of the company, if taking sick time that is touted as a benefit is looked down on or not.
Like my mom always told me, and one of the two things she said that I actually heeded, “if you’re going to work for someone else, make sure it’s a job with good benefits”.
The company my wife and I worked for provided (after 5+ years service) sick benefits of up to one year full pay, then long-term disability at half pay ‘til Social Security kicks in at 65.

Like my mom always told me, and one of the two things she said that I actually heeded, “if you’re going to work for someone else, make sure it’s a job with good benefits”.
The company my wife and I worked for provided (after 5+ years service) sick benefits of up to one year full pay, then long-term disability at half pay ‘til Social Security kicks in at 65.
What industry may I ask?
Everywhere I have worked (commercial construction), if you end up sick/disabled you better have been paying up for short/long term disability insurance coverage.

What industry may I ask?
Everywhere I have worked (commercial construction), if you end up sick/disabled you better have been paying up for short/long term disability insurance coverage.
The old telephone industry, which has morphed through so many changes it sadly no longer exists.
My job went from Southern Bell/ to American Bell International/ to AT&T/ to Lucent Technologies/ to Avaya/ to Nokia. The only thing that changed was the color of the paycheck.
Now, you need to pay for that disability coverage, waiver of premium on life insurance if disabled, and long-term care insurance.
Today, if you don’t work for a huge multi-national corporation, it’s dog-eat-dog.

Right now TRF is actively searching for skilled labor. People with experience is what they need most right now.

Back
Top Bottom