• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

HK- Smart brand or Overpriced?

TacticalTaco

Default rank <5000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
88   1
Reaction score
Ok, so we all know about H&K, they have a rep for super high quality firearms, possibly the best ever made. Or are they? USP's go for almost a thousand dollars, but time and time again they prove not to be worth that. The FNP series can do everything it can for half the price. Same with many other polymer framed pistols.

The rifles they put out aren't that impressive anymore. The MR556 BCG looks like the adams arms one that costs 1/4 the amount. The SLR8 was nothing to be excited about, for that amount of money, why not buy an LWRC or POF? Something that doesn't have to take HK parts?

Accessories is where they get crazy, 50 dollar AR-15 mags, 65 dollars for a AR 15 grip that's vertical. There is just no way.

Now, the P30, MP5 (and other MP's), PSG-1 are all great firearms. But you can't make EVERYTHING you have that expensive only because a few of your items are great.

/rant

I can't complain with mine.

Attachments

• p30.jpg
    p30.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 165
Exactly, they're GOOD weapons! Some are even great (well, were in the 90's until everyone else caught up). But nowadays, they're not worth the price tag. I mean, over 2k for the MR5.56??!?!?! It's 9 freaking pounds?! What's it do that a POF or LWRC doesn't do again?

Hey I bought an MR556A1 for a little over $2,500 and am just waiting for it to get here. I've shot the 416 before overseas and thought it was really cool looking and it didn't much more then my M4 with all the crap I had to have on it. I think HK products are great but they can have a nasty price tag. Just like anything else if you shop around you can always find it cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom