• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who’s wanting to go on a Hog hunt (4 legged)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bulletslinger101

Default rank <4000 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
35   0
Reaction score
Who’s down, hog hunt 😳😳😳😳

I’m going this weekend (26-28 August 2022) provided the weather doesn’t get crappy. I will update this first post on Thursday.

I’m going to do some scouting tomorrow, 24 August 2022.

Allowed to “primitive” camp on the WMA. If ya don’t wanna camp, I’ll post a link here for other accommodations around the area.​

I am going to bring:
1- 4 man tent that connects to a 10’x10’ canopy
1- cot
1- Sleep system
1- Fire Pit
1- propane black stone 17” with griddle equipment.
1- chair
1- camp table​
Note: Bring rain gear…. It’s that time of year.

Firearm: Shoot whatever. I’ll be shooting a rifle.

If you can’t make it within the next couple of weekends, post the dates below when you can go and we’ll see if we can get a group, (large or small) to join from ODT.

This would be a 2.5-3 day 2 night trip.

If your worried about cell service, I’ll let ya know if I have it after tomorrow, 24 August 2022.

Tag folks you think would enjoy time way to break the monotony of their Day- Day. Get out into nature and possibly take an Oinker or multiples:)

Feral swine can also be hunted on Federal lands and state Wildlife Management Areas (WMA) in Georgia. However, there are additional restrictions on hunting on public land. On public land, there must be an open season for a listed game species. The hunter can only use the weapon or weapons that are legally allowed during the specific season in question. There is no limit on the number of feral swine that can be taken on public hunting lands during the appropriate season. It is illegal to hunt feral swine on public land at night. Trapping feral swine on public lands in Georgia is also illegal.

• Update 3: The weather for the area currently. Lumpkin County Weather *(Automatically updates)
  • Update 4: I may be going for an entire week at some point in the next month and a half. Stay tuned here for further updates.
  • Update 5: I will be going back out 09-11 Sept 2022- Hit me up for Link up.
  • Update 6: Q) Can .223 be used for hogs? A) Absolutely! However not during Small game unless you have a .22 conversion BCG. Explanation quoted from Regs below:
  • Large Game
    • DEER & BEAR​

• Modern Rifles and Handguns: Centerfire only, .22-cal. or larger with expanding bullets. There is no restriction on magazine capacity for rifles.
      • Shotguns: 20-gauge or larger loaded with slugs or buckshot.
      • Muzzleloaders: .30-cal. or larger, or muzzleloading shotguns 20 gauge or larger. Scopes are legal.
      • Air Guns: Any air rifle of at least .30 caliber or air bow utilizing unignited compressed gas or air is legal during primitive weapons and firearms seasons.
  • Small Game
    • Rifles and Handguns:Any .22-cal. or smaller rimfire, air rifle, or any muzzleloading firearm. For fox & bobcat, centerfire firearms of .17 caliber and larger may be used. There is no restriction on magazine capacity for rifles.
      • Shotguns: Any having shot shell size 3.5 inches or smaller in length with No. 2 or smaller shot.
      • Shotguns (Waterfowl): Any 10-gauge or smaller loaded with federally approved nontoxic shot of size “F” or smaller. Lead shot may not be in possession while hunting waterfowl.
  • Update 7: Click Here is whats in season.
  • Update 8: I will drop a Pin for the location of the camp in a Text Message. Shoot me a text if you coming and I'll send it to you. Map of the area posted for the camp site.
    1BC7DE2A-4042-4F83-B208-DA9E4116EB8D.png
Update 9: Dropped pin for camp ground ⛺

Update 10: Weather outlook for today:
E5651536-57CE-4560-8729-E58418EA803A.jpeg

6B7C2893-A568-4DD7-B445-6F2D52FBE304.jpeg

If you can't make it, no worries- Put the dates you can below for a weekend you can and I'll try to make it with ya. I'll advertise it on ODT........

Respectfully
Chris
Text if you’d like to coordinate for link-up.
706) 580-3982

medium187mph medium187mph ….. what say you?????

I’ve got some stuff already lined up so I can’t this weekend.

Ps, I don’t think you can just take whatever rifle. I do believe you have to use weapon for the game you are hunting. That would be squirrel so a .22lr or black powder (maybe shotgun?)

Even though hogs are invasive, you have to use the weapon for the avail game that’s legal during that time.

The last few times I went with a 10/22 and a big blade… please verify so I can sleep lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom