• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!
That's what I understand. I'm gonna rock the illuminator it came with then upgrade when I feel the itch. It will be my first night vision, I'm sure it will serve its purpose!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Take a look at the Evolva T38 or T50. They are great low cost IRs, and they make a difference over the onboard IRs.

Thats what I got ordered! Be here in the next few days

My only question is why so much magnification? All I do is hunt at night with NV and thermal I find myself using 1:1 or maybe 3x at the most.. if your only option for seeing in the dark is 5x your window for scanning is horrible... your better gettin the 1-6 model unless you hunt a huge open field....

My only question is why so much magnification? All I do is hunt at night with NV and thermal I find myself using 1:1 or maybe 3x at the most.. if your only option for seeing in the dark is 5x your window for scanning is horrible... your better gettin the 1-6 model unless you hunt a huge open field....
The reviews and videos sold me. I dunno, ready to get behind it and see for myself.

1800 ft.
No way you operate at this range.

Remember, the maximum effective range of an excuse is 0 meters......

Did you even click the link or is your maximum effective range open mouth insert foot without doing any legwork. It says DETECT from 1800 ft away. No way I would shoot 600 yards. Definately not with a thermal that mounts to a phone that mounts to a rifle. I've personally never seen a thermal for $700 that makes the claim of 1800 feet. Hell most over 5k say 1000 to 1500. This fits the bill for what the OP originally asked, before he knew what he was hunting with/wanted.

Have a good night and GO FALCONS

I have hunted hogs and coyotes with green lights, red lights, and expensive night vision from Armasight for years. What I have found over the years is that scanning with your rifles scope is not practical. If you are going to be hunting at night you will have to have a a tool to scan with as well as to shoot with. Scanning tools can consist of night vision binoculars / monocular or predator light (Green / Red).

As for my current set up, I have a Green StalkTech Envy 3 and a Red StalkTech Fury 3. I use these lights on the low setting to scan for eyes. My AR15 is equiped with a ATN X Sight Gen 1 5-18X that I use for Coyote hunting and my Rem. ACC SD .308 with ATN X Sight Gen 2 5-20x that I use for Hog hunting. Although the X Sight comes with an IR light I would always recommend spending the extra couple hundred and upgrading to a better IR. It makes all the world of difference.

While these set ups aren't thermal in my opinion are as adequate for what any of us would need to hunt and make a for a very successful set up and won't kill the pocket. Each set up for me cost under 1,200.

Thermal is cool and I would love to have it but it is not cheap and if you try to go the cheap route you will get burned. Why mortgage the house when you can get the same result for a fraction of the price.

Hope that helps!

Back
Top Bottom