• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Hog hunting with AR10 need optics suggestion

Whitey

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
21   0
Reaction score
I am blessed with an opportunity to go hog huntin' next week, not talking about fat chicks in a bar but honest to goodness hogs, and want to use an AR10. Anyone with experience on what I should get? Would a 3x10-30 do the trick? Ultimately would like it to be more than just a hog gun.

I'm running a Weaver Kaspa 3x12x50 on mine and like it for the extended daylight viewing it give me. 30mm will get dark quick; even on a foggy morning deer hunt.

Also, needs to be moved to hunting section for more input.

What distance will you be hunting? I run a 1 - 4x, 2-7x, or Aimpoint T-1 on my hog guns. My closest shot last year was about 10 yards so that gives you an idea as to why...

Thanks for the responses. Not sure how far, am assuming 100yds, we will be shooting. Now we have to wait a month, aaaargh.

I like a Trijicon Accupoint 3X9x40 with an amber aiming point. It has excellent light transmission and the illuminated aiming point is quick, never been able to get it to run though.

Thanks for the responses. Not sure how far, am assuming 100yds, we will be shooting. Now we have to wait a month, aaaargh.

At 100 yards I'd go 1 - 4x. Unless you are stalking and have a way to sneak up on them, they aren't going to let you get close.

Back
Top Bottom