• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info
I thought it was just never mentioned, but I've never really looked close. Saw this video the other day of MG hog hunting in TX...

Yeah, I've seen lots of videos of it being done but have read specifically where it is not legal anywhere to hunt with a MG. It's also not legal to hunt from a helicopter or airplane per FAA rules. Its not the hunting from a plane, it's throwing objects from a plane that is illegal and I've heard of people getting in trouble for it. Like the college kid who recently did the Glock shooting drone video. The ATF didn't go after him for making a machine gun (Which a mechanically fired weapon is) the FAA went after him for the weaponized drone.

Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of using the meat for food? Not a hunter but just guessing

Well in the case of hogs because they are non-native, do so much damage, and there are millions of them, I don't have a problem with it. Kill em all as far as I'm concerned. Plus with the larger hogs, sometimes they are pretty nasty tasting, unless you're willing to put in the prep work. If I'm gonna eat them, I'll shoot the ones that look to be under 100lbs.

I just got off the phone with the Rangers office. I have a message in and expect to get a call back Monday. If not, I'll call them Monday and get confirmation and cited law about this whole thing.

G
Well in the case of hogs because they are non-native, do so much damage, and there are millions of them, I don't have a problem with it. Kill em all as far as I'm concerned. Plus with the larger hogs, sometimes they are pretty nasty tasting, unless you're willing to put in the prep work. If I'm gonna eat them, I'll shoot the ones that look to be under 100lbs.
Good to know, maybe I'll hog hunt one day. I know they are nasty buggers and breed like crazy

The good: AWESOME hunting.

The bad: The accommodations are very bad. Use Tommy as your guide...he is the only one who truly cares. He will clean your hogs for you and help as much as he can. Very muddy...make sure you have a good four wheel drive. Not enough beds... Slept in a rat turd room on a cot. Horrible, HORRIBLE porta potty....bats in there. Everything has been flooded out several times, so the crapper is very bad. Make sure you ask PLENTY of questions because they do not explain the situation before hand. Make sure to wear MUD BOOTS. This is an honest evaluation. Hamburgers and chips on Fri night. Canned 50 cent piece sized biscuits with a sausage patty Sat morning. Chili dogs for lunch Sat. A NY Strip Sat night with fried potatoes...not enough potatoes. Will not go back because of the accommodations.
WOW this sounds like most all hunting camp's across America.

Back
Top Bottom