• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

home depot did it again

Ok so here is my first impressions on my light. I just picked it up alittle bit ago and will test it a bit more tonight. Just to be quick, things I like: The rubber end caps to help protect from damage; The light is damn bright; It has a high, low and strobe lfeature; It came with batteries in it ready to go; it has a lifetime guarantee;and advertises an 18 hour use time. Things I dont like but still not a deal breaker: The size is freaking huge. Seriously, its about the size of old school police baton and much bigger than my old maglite and this is why it is advertised as unbreakable. I wanted this for my disaster kit as the small LED lights I keep buying, I lose. Theres no way to lose this one. You literally probably could break bone very easily with this flashlight so i does have a self defense aspect as well. All in all it was well worth my money and might have to get a second one to go with it. I love the fact that it uses D batteries so I dont have to worry about going somewhere special if the batteries go dead. I wish I could post some pictures but my computer is dead so I cant at the moment. Oh and one more quick dislike, I dont like the fact that everytime you press the button or light lightly tap it, it changes modes. For example, you click it on and its on high, you tap the button and it goes to low. You turn the flashlight off and the next time you turn it on, it goes to strobe. Its like a set system you have to go through them to get to the one you want. Another example, you click it on its on high, click it off. Click it on again, its on low, click it off. Click it on again, and its on strobe. The cycle just repeats and its alittle annoying. Otherwise, i do love this flashligh and am very happy with it.

i hust pixked onr up, turned it pn and lookrd into it--- it blindrd me. i camt see to type

---edit----

its now after dark (and I got my vision back hours ago) very very good beam. Nice spot on target, comparable to a Q-beam I think. Nicely lighting a target over 150 yards away

Last edited:
I got my new C8 1300 from eBay today and 1300 lumens is stretching it. Sid by side with my Home Depot 590 lumen, it doesn't compair. Instead of 1300 it prob more like 450. The Defiant 590 is a light cannon

Back
Top Bottom