• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

home depot - ryobi

Went by the Home Depot in Hiram to buy the limb saw, they have TONS of the tools that fall under the deal, but we're sold out of the battery packs.

You'd think they'd have the same number of battery packs available as tools????

Bought two battery pack deals. Picked up the impact driver and pole saw as freebies. Went back today and bought the air pump for 39.00 bucks to use on lawn mower tires and pool floats. May get the hedge trimmer next

Got the pole saw yesterday. Used it today. It works OK. A bit underpowered but it is 18V so I guess that’s to be expected. Construction is very cheap. The chain tension loosened up during use but I did run it pretty hard. Not sure if it will be an ongoing issue. There’s plastic where there should be metal is my main concern. I think I’ll just spring for the Echo pruner attachment even if I’ll only use it once per year. This thing feels more like a toy. It did what it was supposed to do, but just not feeling confident that it will make it more than a couple of years.

Plus, the battery packs are only 3ah and they’re HUGE and heavy. I can’t imagine using them on a drill/impact, let alone with a bigger 5ah pack. :wacko:

3ah Ryobi vs. 2ah and 5ah Makita:

DCC0C98F-833C-46A3-B91B-B416875EC835.jpeg

F285CBB5-EB07-4333-AC81-D9B1D2983A69.jpeg

102BFE0D-8C4C-4FD2-BCFB-F4BA60A57629.jpeg

That’s a (compact) impact driver, not wrench. The 3ah battery almost dwarfs it. Yup, you get what you pay for!

5DB3CB71-979D-4E79-8419-A133FF587C5B.jpeg
Went by the Home Depot in Hiram to buy the limb saw, they have TONS of the tools that fall under the deal, but we're sold out of the battery packs.

You'd think they'd have the same number of battery packs available as tools????

Just FYI... my friend who is Ryobi(tti) rep said most stores are sold out... they only got like 10 per store. But they are getting more. The deal last till late in June. However you can also buy the drill that comes with two batteries ($99) and get a tool for free as well. The two batteries that come with it are the standard lithium and not the upgraded ones. For some people they might rather have that. For me the upgraded batteries don’t mean a whole lot for what I do. I’d rather have another couple basic drills to keep always handy. Not sure if it works online. However it does in the store. I’ve bought two of them and it automatically took the price off the other.

Follow up question: For those of you that got the limb saw on this deal, how are your impressions after a few weeks?

I'm still debating picking one up before the offer ends on the 20th

Got the pole saw yesterday. Used it today. It works OK. A bit underpowered but it is 18V so I guess that’s to be expected. Construction is very cheap. The chain tension loosened up during use but I did run it pretty hard. Not sure if it will be an ongoing issue. There’s plastic where there should be metal is my main concern. I think I’ll just spring for the Echo pruner attachment even if I’ll only use it once per year. This thing feels more like a toy. It did what it was supposed to do, but just not feeling confident that it will make it more than a couple of years.

Plus, the battery packs are only 3ah and they’re HUGE and heavy. I can’t imagine using them on a drill/impact, let alone with a bigger 5ah pack. :wacko:

3ah Ryobi vs. 2ah and 5ah Makita:

View attachment 1630652
View attachment 1630653
View attachment 1630654

That’s a (compact) impact driver, not wrench. The 3ah battery almost dwarfs it. Yup, you get what you pay for!
A new chain will loosen more initially. Then they just require an occasional tensioning.

Follow up question: For those of you that got the limb saw on this deal, how are your impressions after a few weeks?

I'm still debating picking one up before the offer ends on the 20th
Not a professional tool, but it works great for what it is. You really can't go wrong with the price. I'd buy it again if I needed too. I've only used mine 2 times, but after the first time your going to have to tighten the chain. Didn't seem to be an issue after the 2nd time I used it. Just remember to keep checking the bar & chain oil.

Back
Top Bottom