• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Homeless hunters need place to hunt

Don't have to see the other hunter for his dumbass to shoot you lol. Just wear Lvl 4 Ceramic plates and bring first aid, you should be fine.
I love it when people believe this. Even fewer people on public land then. There has been more hunting pressure in every club that I have joined in the last 20 years than there has been when I hunt public land.

I love it when people believe this. Even fewer people on public land then. There has been more hunting pressure in every club that I have joined in the last 20 years than there has been when I hunt public land.
Believe what? That people shoot other people while hunting because they failed to identify their target (and other reasons)? It definitely happens.

https://nypost.com/2020/12/01/man-out-hunting-accidentally-shot-killed-by-another-hunter/

https://www.wavy.com/news/north-car...hot-while-duck-hunting-in-hyde-county-monday/

https://www.thoughtco.com/six-killed-in-wisconsin-hunting-incident-972787

Homeless hunters, you say?

Well, you could buy a home in that new cluster home subdivision
that will soon be built where your deer hunting spot used to be.

BDE77C62-D9AF-454B-8948-634AF05C782E.jpeg

My brother is 68. We like a dedicated place to set a homestead. Not easy for him to go on public land without ATV to transport gear and deer. His back is one step away from not walking, so we trying to hunt together as long as he can.

Public land can be a bitch to hunt. They generally close all the roads you need. Takes a ton of time scouting. They limit firearm days and funnel all who want to hunt into the same days. Walking in is fine but going in really early with your whole setup can suck. Not like you can leave your climber out there. Saddle hunting helps. Dragging out whatever you shoot can be a bear with the roads closed. Takes a while to find a lightweight run and gun system and work out the kinks. I am always reminded it's the kings land not the peoples land when I go.

Private clubs are either expensive or overcrowded or both. And you can put a bunch of work into it and get the rug pulled out from ya when the property owner sells.

Buying land is best if you can swing it. And it's a good investment that holds value if you buy at the right price.

Sure it does, but the chances of it happening to you are so insignificant as to be almost nonexistent. I also doubt that even these extremely rare occurrences are more common on public land then they are on private.

Public land can be a ***** to hunt. They generally close all the roads you need. Takes a ton of time scouting. They limit firearm days and funnel all who want to hunt into the same days. Walking in is fine but going in really early with your whole setup can suck. Not like you can leave your climber out there. Saddle hunting helps. Dragging out whatever you shoot can be a bear with the roads closed. Takes a while to find a lightweight run and gun system and work out the kinks. I am always reminded it's the kings land not the peoples land when I go.

Private clubs are either expensive or overcrowded or both. And you can put a bunch of work into it and get the rug pulled out from ya when the property owner sells.

Buying land is best if you can swing it. And it's a good investment that holds value if you buy at the right price.
I leave stands and other weatherproof equipment in the woods on public land on a regular basis. You just need to stash it. It's not hard and I've never lost anything I did that with. You do need to make sure you get it out at the end of the season. I had a couple of stands destroyed by a controlled burn when I didn't do that one time.

Back
Top Bottom