• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Homeless hunters need place to hunt

Been there, done that. Hope you guys find something. I decided in 2018 to just buy land. You can get a tract big enough to hunt for what most folks pay for a new truck or car. Better investment too. You do what you want on your own land, zero drama...

I'd absolutely LOVE to do the same thing.
Having your OWN place is priceless. My big concern is trespassers trespassers trespassers. Our club is so established and looks like people live there full time. I'm not sure if I could have my own spot with out any of the drama with trespassers or thieves.

The other option is a long term lease and having the language stating that the lease terms are followed by the new owner if sold. And perhaps a buy out clause stating that you the (tenant) will terminate the lease for $XXXX. Probably a hard sell to the landowner, but might be worth a try.

I'd absolutely LOVE to do the same thing.
Having your OWN place is priceless. My big concern is trespassers trespassers trespassers. Our club is so established and looks like people live there full time. I'm not sure if I could have my own spot with out any of the drama with trespassers or thieves.

The other option is a long term lease and having the language stating that the lease terms are followed by the new owner if sold. And perhaps a buy out clause stating that you the (tenant) will terminate the lease for $XXXX. Probably a hard sell to the landowner, but might be worth a try.
Research the land, area, neighbors, policing where you want to buy. Luckily in 3 years now no evidence of even a footprint on mine. Took me two years to buy mine. Looked at other tracts and talked to locals and did my research.

Just got a letter today from F&W Forestry saying they had sold the land I leased for deer hunting. New owners will not renew the lease.
My grandson is going to be bummed out pretty bad about this. Finding a new lease is never easy.

Just got a letter today from F&W Forestry saying they had sold the land I leased for deer hunting. New owners will not renew the lease.
My grandson is going to be bummed out pretty bad about this. Finding a new lease is never easy.
More times than a care to count I've put some real work into learning a property and setting it up for hunting and then lost access. Often with very little notice.

Been there, done that. Hope you guys find something. I decided in 2018 to just buy land. You can get a tract big enough to hunt for what most folks pay for a new truck or car. Better investment too. You do what you want on your own land, zero drama...
Where did you buy

Where did you buy
Floyd
20210107_192726.jpg
FB_IMG_1610508673634.jpg
1587995624107.jpg
1587995624033.jpg

Back
Top Bottom