hornady lok n load classic kit?

mmcneil

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
16   0
Reaction score
Any one use a hornady kit? I've been told a single stage is a good beginners press. I've read some online reviews and they seem to be pretty good. This will be my first time reloading and looking for a good starter set up. Cabelas has it on sale for $269 and it comes with a sonic cleaner and 500 bullets. Price seems decent if the equipment is quality. Any suggestions or input would be appreciated.
Thanks Mason

The word is the scales suck. So consider the cost of a decent set of scales in this package.

Otherwise with the bullets and sonic cleaner it seems like a pretty good deal.

I prefer the old balance beam scales. The RCBS 5-0-5 is $99 and a great balance scale.

Free shipping until 12/3/14 using the code 4WINTER. I don't see the 500 bullets included in the deal though.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Hornadyreg-Lock-N-Load174-Classic-Kit-with-Sonic-Cleaner153-Combo/1883727.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dhornady%2Block%2Bn%2Bload%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts%26x%3D15%26y%3D6&Ntt=hornady+lock+n+load&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

A decent single stage press kit is a great way to stick your toes in the reloading pool.

Thanks RamRoddoc. I ordered the unit tonight. I will definitely look at upgrading the scales. With my cabelas points I got it cheap. I double checked the free bullets promotion and I'm good to go on it.

Back
Top Bottom