Hornady Zombie Max Ammo

FYI, SD rounds are going to be very expensive to stockpile. If you do intend to buy them to stockpile try picking up a box or two a week. No need to go broke trying to get it all at once unless you just gotta have it now.

You're better off deciding how much you feel comfortable having in total and spending more on fmj ammo for practicing. I typically keep 300-500 rounds of SD rounds for each weapon and then at least 1000+ in fmj for each weapon also. JMO of course.

Not really looking to stock pile just kinda getting peoples opinion on and whether or not i should buy a couple more boxes to use in a SHTF moment. lol or just have some around to gather dust on the shelf

Shop around for bulk SD ammo. ranger sxt can be had reasonably in 50rd boxes. The problem with all the zombie crap is its saturated to the point of being annoying. Everyone's doing it, thereby making any zombie merchandise non collectible (firearms wise)

Yep, when I go looking for SD ammo, I go for the coolest looking stuff I can buy!!! :rolleyes:

But seriously, just do a youtube video search, you will find ballistic gel reviews of it compared to other SD rounds ....... please, whatever you do, make an educated and researched decision ;)

Also, no one has pointed this out. If you're sitting in a courtroom, the last thing you.want to hear is "my client was shot by.novelty ammunition called zombie Max". Right now I've loaded critical duty, but once things settle down I'm getting some gold dots

Also, no one has pointed this out. If you're sitting in a courtroom, the last thing you.want to hear is "my client was shot by.novelty ammunition called zombie Max". Right now I've loaded critical duty, but once things settle down I'm getting some gold dots

Yes, I would certainly be concerned with the perception of "Zombie Max" Vs "Critical Duty" in a case of a lawful shooting............

If you can get past the marketing aimed at your psyche, the best way to stockpile self defense ammo is to buy Speer GDHPs from GA Arms ammo. They usually have the +p round with Speer 124gr bonded bullet @ $27.50 for 50. They don't come in colorful zombie boxes and are not nickel plated but they are reliable and you can actually afford to practice with your carry ammo.

Why not just get a 10mm, whatever you shoot (Zombie, crack-head, baby's momma looking for child-support) will be equalized..... and you don't need to worry about the name of the ammo :noidea:

Yes, I would certainly be concerned with the perception of "Zombie Max" Vs "Critical Duty" in a case of a lawful shooting............
nvm, I just checked. Critical defense.
You forget we live in Atlanta, some of the most crooked ass lawyers live here that would love to.try to Sue. Honestly, I pray I never have to use mine.for defense, partly due to the crooked ass lawyers that live here.

Back
Top Bottom