• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hot loads for a 10mm

It really depends on the grain bullet vs powder - some powders like blue dot will take being compressed a bit and some won't. I found that a 220 gr and #7 work good for me but don't fool around much with the lighter weights. A 180 gr just about all the appropriate powders will get it hot enough to over pressure your gun. Favorite is 7 then second is blue dot then tite group following up the rear for 10mm

I use a 155Gr Speer GD and IMR 800X. What works for my gun may not work for yours. I would suggest you work up your own load to make sure it is safe in your gun.

I use Accurate #5, mostly because I also use this in my 38 Super and 45 acp's, a few powders will give marginal improvements in velocity.
I also shoot 150 grain Hollow points for self defense and 155 grainers for target work.
I figure if 600 plus FT Lbs of energy and a 75-85 caliber expanded projectile doesn't do the job another 50 -100 FPS ain't gonna help a whole lot.
I really don't try to push the envelope lot on 10 MM, its already a high pressure cartridge, I do load above most all factory loadings, but if looking for the top load for your particular weapon then you need to do some experimenting and work up loads, just be careful.
people see and read about the original Bren 10 loadings and that's fine but remember the weapon was a modified/ beefed up CZ 75 gun and they are awful strong.
Remember the Colt Delta was cracking frames left and right when they first came out.

I use Bluedot and a large magnum primer behind 155gr and 175gr projectiles, but start at the bottom and work up to what you like. Unfortunately if Glock finds out you reload they don't honor their warranty.

AA#5 will push a 135 grain HP at an honest +1,500 FPS. AA#9 pushes a 180 grain +1,200 FPS.

The lighter 135 gr. is snappy barn burner and the 180 grain is a hoss.

I attached the older AA 2.1 data.

Attachments

• Accurate 2.1 loading data.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
I like 800X. Any bullet will do, but I prefer the 200 grain. You might have to hand weigh the 800X. It is big and bulky.

Back
Top Bottom