• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

House flooding and guns...`

Unless you have flood insurance you aren't covered in the event of a flood. If a branch breaks through the roof and the hole causes water to come in then it's covered. Flood coverages are a crazy affair. These days if you try to make a claim on anything they want to drop you instantly or run your rates up so high you just go ahead and cover it yourself. Flood insurance is the biggest racket since the piramid schemes unless you live on a flood plane. On cars it works out ok but houses it's a crap shoot. Whe have deffective shingles on our roof and wanted to get it replaced. Our part was going to be 3 grand and our rates would have jumped up double in price. The price of getting it replaced was 5,500. I have been with State Farm for 30 Years. Ass holes!

As far as the guns go out and get a good dehumidifier which you should have got to aid in drying out the house and put it near the gun safe open and get them all dried out real good and then oil them down like the previous post stated. I keep a real good thick layer of just Hoppys oil on all blued steel and then keep them in silicone impregnated gun socks.

The best advise I can give you is get a personal articles policy through your insurance company. You have to give them a description of the gun and seriel number. In the event of a loss the home owners policy will only cover 2,500 dollars in guns. With a PAP policy it's a stated amount you determine. Make sure to add red dots and mods to the price when giving the description. Personal Articles Policy. Best thing since sliced bread. No matter what happens they are covered 100 percent with no deductible.

I don't know what I am worried about I have a little yapper dog that barks at any noises and the big dog will remove whatever leg he gets ahold of first. My first line of defense. LOL The big one is 90 lbs of ass chewing muscle.
20170807_153437.jpg

Had a pipe burst while on vacation, 80000 gallons of water leaked into the house and basement.

Had the AC on full, a house full of professional dehumidifiers and fans running 24/7 for a week.

Had to move out of the house for almost 4 months during repairs.

Total bill to the insurance was about $200,000.

Best advice: Watch out for mold. It can get everywhere; behind walls, under cabinets, between flooring, etc.

Oh, and turn off your water before going on vacation.

About the only event covered by insurance is a fire, and a big one, at that.

Every other claim, you would have been better off to self insure, and that includes guns.

Yes turning off the water at the end of the driveway with that T looking tool that is built for that water line is the best thing you can do when going on a trip. Once is all it takes and that is the first thought when leaving the house for an extended period of time. We had to gut a finished basement one time. Unfortunatly it takes a catastrophic event like that to realize what little effort it takes to avoid that ever happening.

Yes turning off the water at the end of the driveway with that T looking tool that is built for that water line is the best thing you can do when going on a trip. Once is all it takes and that is the first thought when leaving the house for an extended period of time. We had to gut a finished basement one time. Unfortunatly it takes a catastrophic event like that to realize what little effort it takes to avoid that ever happening.

I don't want to have to pay for all that water bill, if the line breaks in the yard.

Call your local State Farm agent . Anyone here who has more than 5k invested in guns should have them insured .

Just look at your collection now . Then think if you could afford to start over . If that answer is "no" then spending the few bucks for insurance should be a no brainer . Also don't depend on homeowners insurance as most exempt firearms .

I pay less than $400 a month for my car insurance , a life insurance policy and a $100,000+ coverage on my firearms . Plus I get replacement value at time of loss. So if one of my machine guns gets gone.... I get current prices .

Back
Top Bottom