How applicable are these quotes from Thomas Jefferson?? Give your thoughts

dustind3366

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
35   0
Reaction score
http://jpetrie.myweb.uga.edu/TJ.html

I could list all of my favorites, but then I'd just be copy and pasting this entire document.

#1 “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” (Quoting Cesare Beccaria)

#2 What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?

3# The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.

Is this not the same things that we are dealing with right now? Is it not time for people to stand together and quit being sheep who have settled into a herd of nothingness? Have we lost touch with what it means to be an American, to be free and are we too scared or discouraged to do anything about it, that we just stand by until everything is taken from us?

There is no wrong or right post, but would love to hear your thoughts on some of these quotes by this great man. Have they inspired anything inside you? Please share. Pm if needed. Thanks and enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom