• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How bout a "non gun friendly business" place

North Dekalb Mall. Its a really nice place I can understand why they wouldn't want those mean dirty guns degrading the place. haha Oh a side not regarding north dekalb mall, until about maybe 3 or 4 months ago they had an Obama store right next the food court. The wore epic isn't enough to describe it.

Gun stores, pawn shops etc that deal in guns generally ban loaded weapons from being brought in for the safety of staff and customers.
Once I was in the station and a lady came in asking to speak to an officer..I went out front to help her, she says I have a problem with my gun and need help to fix it and proceeded to remove a FULLY COCKED AND LOADED colt det. spec. whic I immediately grabbed away from her and spent the next 30 minutes in a one on one safety class.
Another occassion, I was in a friend's gun shop, he I and another friend were standine at the counter talking..a guy comes in with a 12 ga ithaca pump, says this slide is givimg me a pro., sometimes doesn't goall the way forward..fortunately has the muzzle in a "high port" position, pushes the slide forward and blows a hole in the ceiling with 00buck.
I have also been in gun stores/ pawn shops numerous times when weapons were brought in to pawn or trade , pulled from the holster or case and laid on the counter fully loaded.
That' why you see it in the guns shops, more than any other reason.

I understand that there are a lot of stupid people out there and when they come into a gun store there is a likelyhood of loaded guns and stupidity together. I would like to have gun stores clarify a little bit... for example, someone with a gun concealed that stays concealed shouldn't be targeted be a sign like that (ha)... not sure how to play that but yeah, that annoys me everytime I see it.

North Dekalb Mall. Its a really nice place I can understand why they wouldn't want those mean dirty guns degrading the place. haha Oh a side not regarding north dekalb mall, until about maybe 3 or 4 months ago they had an Obama store right next the food court. The wore epic isn't enough to describe it.

If you go there without one, you'll probably be the only one there that doesn't have one.

I understand that there are a lot of stupid people out there and when they come into a gun store there is a likelyhood of loaded guns and stupidity together. I would like to have gun stores clarify a little bit... for example, someone with a gun concealed that stays concealed shouldn't be targeted be a sign like that (ha)... not sure how to play that but yeah, that annoys me everytime I see it.

They can't have different signs for different folks..too many variances.

I go in with mine all the time..course I carry concealed and no one but me knows I have it and if some fool tried to rob the place with all the armed employees in gun stores..I'm leaving mine concealed and hitting the floor out of the line of fire so as not to be mistaken for one of the bad guys.

"You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em , know when to walk away and know when to run." (The Gambler/Kenny Rogers)

Last edited:
Southern Tactical Enterprises, Main St, Barnesville. A GUN STORE for goodness sakes ! I couldn't believe it. You can't carry a loaded gun inside. That makes it a club, right ? So we have a GUN SHOP that doesn't allow guns. Won't get any business from me.

Back
Top Bottom