• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How bout a "non gun friendly business" place

Remember one thing........Signs prohibiting firearms carry NO legal weight in the State of Georgia except the locations that are LEGALLY allowed such as the U.S. Post Office, Federal & State Bldgs. etc. In a private entity, the owners DO have the legal right to ask you to leave. When that happens you MUST comply or you can be charged with trespassing. Best advise is to carry concealed in a private entity that has a sign saying you can't. If found out, and asked to leave, you leave.

I think Taco-Mac doesn't allow you to carry because they are considered a bar. They aren't like a Chili's bar & grill. Taco-Mac's main revenue source is alcohol.

I'm curious how stores can enforce "rules" that are contrary to "laws"? How can Publix tell me that I can't carry in their store? They aren't a government entity, bar, or any other location that is prohibited by law. How can they make their own "laws"? Just curious...

I carry at Publix all of the time; of course I have never seen any signs; but when they ask me to leave; not a problem!

gun stores, pawn shops etc that deal in guns generally ban loaded weapons from being brought in for the safety of staff and customers.
Once i was in the station and a lady came in asking to speak to an officer..i went out front to help her, she says i have a problem with my gun and need help to fix it and proceeded to remove a fully cocked and loaded colt det. Spec. Whic i immediately grabbed away from her and spent the next 30 minutes in a one on one safety class.
Another occassion, i was in a friend's gun shop, he i and another friend were standine at the counter talking..a guy comes in with a 12 ga ithaca pump, says this slide is givimg me a pro., sometimes doesn't goall the way forward..fortunately has the muzzle in a "high port" position, pushes the slide forward and blows a hole in the ceiling with 00buck.
I have also been in gun stores/ pawn shops numerous times when weapons were brought in to pawn or trade , pulled from the holster or case and laid on the counter fully loaded.
That' why you see it in the guns shops, more than any other reason.

i carry into cherokee gun , big woods goods and local pawn shops all the time. Have never had an issue at any of them

If you are gonna carry open, please don't do it in the Food Lion in Rocky Face, GA with a Hi-Point .45 ACP... in a low-slung tactical leg holster... walking behind your 400 pound Mama. Especially if you are 6'5" and 100 pounds soaking wet. It's just embarrassing.

I noticed this particularly funny sight one afternoon as I walked quietly past them carrying my CZ Rami 9mm concealed under my jacket.

Oh, and any business that has a "No Guns" sign, I respect and leave my gun in the car. My wife, on the other hand, never obeys... She carries her Sig Sauer in her purse everywhere... And I mean Everywhere that doesn't have a metal detector.

You can add Goodwill in Hiram,ga. Starbucks All in Hiram And Rome and Calhoun. I have been asked to leave by all of the Starbucks anytime I carry in there, even if they just see the outline of a gun they ask you to leave, Tell you right not I quit going to Starbucks.

Back
Top Bottom