How did I not end up in Jail?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did the same thing flying to Edinburgh Scotland. Left Atlanta -- flew to JFK -- then to Dublin and finally Edinburgh. I had 10 rounds of 12 gauge buckshot in my carry-on backpack. We didn't find it till we were packing to leave Edinburgh. I was re-packing my backpack and reached into a side pocket. My wife said the look on my face was priceless. Needless to say I dumped them in the closest garbage can....

All I can say is I was so lucky....
You should have listed that on Edinburgh Facebook marketplace and you could have gotten 100 quid each by choozday mate.

At Thanksgiving, the family went on a trip. We drove and I threw a couple extra pistols in my backpack that I use for work - computer, chargers, cables etc.. I threw in some extra magazines in a side pouch that I never use. I guess I forgot about them.

Right after the holiday, I flew from ATL to NYC stayed overnight and flew back the next day. As the plane landed, I pulled my backpack out of the overhead bin and reached into the side pouch where I always drop my car keys after parking at the airport. Inside the pocket I find 3 fully loaded magazines of 22lr.

I went through 2 TSA security screenings with 30 rounds of live ammo. I assume that since the mags were plastic/polymer they may not flag, but what about the ammo?

Wondered if I got two lazy screens who thought they were seeing PEZ dispensers on the X-ray machine. However it happened, I think I dodged a major issue.

and learned and important lesson - keep my firearms and accessories away from my regular work backpack. take the extra bag and
Yawn, another day at the Atlanta airport. They Probabaly have several a day

At the NYC airport , it’s most likely a trip to jail .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom