How did I not end up in Jail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbkatl

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
57   0
Reaction score
At Thanksgiving, the family went on a trip. We drove and I threw a couple extra pistols in my backpack that I use for work - computer, chargers, cables etc.. I threw in some extra magazines in a side pouch that I never use. I guess I forgot about them.

Right after the holiday, I flew from ATL to NYC stayed overnight and flew back the next day. As the plane landed, I pulled my backpack out of the overhead bin and reached into the side pouch where I always drop my car keys after parking at the airport. Inside the pocket I find 3 fully loaded magazines of 22lr.

I went through 2 TSA security screenings with 30 rounds of live ammo. I assume that since the mags were plastic/polymer they may not flag, but what about the ammo?

Wondered if I got two lazy screens who thought they were seeing PEZ dispensers on the X-ray machine. However it happened, I think I dodged a major issue.

and learned and important lesson - keep my firearms and accessories away from my regular work backpack. take the extra bag and don't mix and match.

Attachments

• Unknown-3.jpeg
    Unknown-3.jpeg
    44.4 KB · Views: 94
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom