• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How do you locate land to buy?

alnen

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
231   0
Reaction score
I'm trying to find a couple acres in the Paulding area. Land watch comes up on Google, is there a better place to look?

Also, are property prices negotiable in today's market?

Do people selling large parcels ever break off a chunk of land to sell, or is it too much work for them to worry about.

Believe it or not, my wife found our property in the land for sale section wile browsing Mother Earth News one day on the internet. It shows land for sale in every state. You can select your state and county and go from there.

Do people selling large parcels ever break off a chunk of land to sell, or is it too much work for them to worry about.
Like every transaction in life, it's about $$. In order to do that the parcel would have to be partitioned requiring a survey ($$$) and potentially appraisal ($$$) on BOTH pieces. Example, if you want a big chunk of the road frontage that may cause a diminution in value of his remaining property on a per acres basis.
So... yes it's possible but there could be a lot of moving pieces. I've asked my neighbor (owns over 200 acres) multiple times if he'd be willing to sell a few acres. He's not nibbling.

To answer your question, there are countless sites. Realtor.com as mentioned (where I found mine) but also bank sites that list their foreclosures are another good option. The absolute best way is word of mouth. A LOT of undeveloped sell without ever being listed anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom