• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

How i came to be an "ammo flipper"...

I don't supplement with ammo flipping. I just don't ***** about people making money. They are not taking advantage of anyone. They are selling a product that is scarce to people that want that product at the asking price. Did it ever occur to you that the the guys flipping were not considering people like yourself to be the "target market"? Maybe just maybe the people who have more money than sense are their customer base. You know the type. Drive around in a convertible Ferrari and leave the top down in the rain. The type that have to have anything that is scarce, at any price. If I sell something for 50X what Walmart sells it for, and someone is willing to buy it, weather they really need it or not, what's the problem? They got what they wanted, and the seller got what they wanted. For those of you that have ammo, anticipated the scarcity, would never pay more than retail, you are not the customer that the flippers are targeting. To sit by and complain because somebody is able to take their time and trade it for dollars is just simply the antithesis of an open market place. I find this entire thread extremely disappointing from what I would consider a fairly conservative crowd. I find it even more disappointing from a businesses owner. If I charge $100 an hour for my time, is that a rip off. What about $200? What about $3,000? The only people that can put a value on your time is yourself, and the people paying for that time. If you don't value your time, nobody will.

In your "Free Market" business model taxes get paid on profit. Tell them to pay the taxes and I'll shut up. Until then, I'll run my trap all I want.

Your man is made of straw, burn it down.

I just finished my taxes a few months back. Wrote off all my gun purchases, ammo purchases and range time.

Also, I purchased some ammo from Walmart tax exempt and collected sales tax on all that ammo I sold and included it in my corporate tax return. So no, it's not made of straw. But I am sure you don't have a clue as to when you are even required to claim ammo sales as income and if sales tax is even required.

I just finished my taxes a few months back. Wrote off all my gun purchases, ammo purchases and range time.

Also, I purchased some ammo from Walmart tax exempt and collected sales tax on all that ammo I sold and included it in my corporate tax return. So no, it's not made of straw. But I am sure you don't have a clue as to when you are even required to claim ammo sales as income and if sales tax is even required.

Thank you for speaking for yourself. Now maybe a flipper with pipe in with his tax info. Because obviously you do not know what they are doing. You have just made yourself their defender.

I reload, I don't need ammo. I just want some of these people to answer to the IRS for their profit. You wanna play "business owner", pay the tax.

Also, I happen to know the person you quoted. He is also a business owner and one of my customers. He pays his taxes. Even on ammo. That said, if the tax system becomes so oppressive that average people look for ways to circumvent it, then maybe it's time for a change to the tax system. Maybe some effort in that area would be a good use of time. Imagine if everyone sent 6,000 letters in a year to their Congressman and Senators.

Also, I happen to know the person you quoted. He is also a business owner and one of my customers. He pays his taxes. Even on ammo. That said, if the tax system becomes so oppressive that average people look for ways to circumvent it, then maybe it's time for a change to the tax system. Maybe some effort in that area would be a good use of time. Imagine if everyone sent 6,000 letters in a year to their Congressman and Senators.

So you do his taxes for him? You guys show each other your filings?

This is ridiculous. I will take his word (not that I asked for it) but not your hearsay information.

Last edited:
You sound just like the guys selling ply wood for $100 a sheet after a hurricane, telling people they should have been ready before hand.

I see no problem with this. I remember after a hurricane when there was a run on fuel and the lines would be a mile long. There was no drop in fuel supply just a run on the pumps so the moms could keep the minivans running the kids to school. Gas shot up to extremely high prices per gallon.

I own a business that relies on fuel to get service vehicles from point A to point B. the increased price actually lowered the demand so fuel was available for my business to operate and our trucks didn't have to wait hours for a tank of gas. I personally was insulted when the governor of GA said his office would investigate the "gougers". The gougers allowed my business to stay operating during those days. Yes, at a higher cost than normal but we operated non the less, otherwise we would have had NO FUEL.

So if you don't need it, there are others willing to get it. But ammo is not even like plywood or gas. You are speaking of something recreational.

You are a skate boarder *****ing about the cost of plywood during hurricane season because you can't build you economical half pipe.

We happen to be good friends that talk about just about everything. Ammo, guns, taxes, business and a whole lot more. That's what people with a life do.

You know what the best part of this whole thing is? I wasn't even addressing rurbanwildlife. He jumped in the conversation. I could care less what he does. He just wanted in this and I never asked him about HIS taxes, he volunteered.

So he has made himself defender of the flipper. I wonder why.

But you seem to think that people that have 14 posts per day have no life. Yet here you are running up your post count.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom